International Cricket 10 Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Codemasters have agreed to do a Q&A with us about IC10. I'd like members to suggest questions below. Clearly we can't submit all of them so the admins will choose the best ones and send them off at the end of the week.
When thinking of a question consider the following:
- do we know the answer already from publicity? (e.g. What formats is it for?)
- does anyone actually care about the answer? (e.g. Are there pigeons and streakers?)

To start the ball rolling here are two from me:

Why the decision to abandon the PC market? What are the chances of a release later on?

Does the patched version form the basis of the gameplay and pacing?

How will stats tracking be implemented online? What has been done to address the issue of quitters and lag?

What areas of the gameplay did you feel were "broken" or needed improvement and what specific changes can we expect to see? (Gameplay only please - not action cam, more stadia etc.)

What specific steps have been / are being taken to improve online gameplay. (I guess this is an expanded version of Mark's question above. In addition to quitting, stats etc, interested to know if any new features are planned to be introduced such as ability to save a game, ability to create online tournaments etc.).

Cheers, and thanks for arranging the Q&A.

How will stats tracking be implemented online? What has been done to address the issue of quitters and lag?

This question, please.

Also, what's stopping them from implementing full ICC license and if we'll ever see a fully licensed cricket game from Codies.

Last edited:
Ashes Cricket 2009 doesn't have depth in the game, I mean apart from ASHES there is not much you can do, There is a tournament mode but either you start from quarter final or semi final, What are the available modes in IC10 apart from full ashes that will keep gamers busy for long time?

Codemasters have agreed to do a Q&A with us about IC10. I'd like members to suggest questions below. Clearly we can't submit all of them so the admins will choose the best ones and send them off at the end of the week.
When thinking of a question consider the following:
- do we know the answer already from publicity? (e.g. What formats is it for?)
- does anyone actually care about the answer? (e.g. Are there pigeons and streakers?)

To start the ball rolling here are two from me:

Yes, I really want to know the answer to your questions as well.

Has the AI fielding tactics been changed as this was the real game breaker in the first version?

Is it possible to tour different countries like in Ea C07?

Thanks

Dutchad

What game modes will be included? In the last installment the inclusion of no real mode outside of the ashes series left the game with a limited longeviety will there be a tour mode this time with stat tracking?

Or another one being. Will the game have a larger pool of English and Australian players this time because last time it was missing a few key players and either needs for them to be editable or an option to add to the squad?

Another couple if I may be so bold:

Do AI have more tactical awareness of the game situation? How is that implemented?

Do AI batsmen score boundaries off ground shots as well as lofted shots? In the beta version of Ashes 09 they only score boundaries of lofted shots.f

How similar will International Cricket 2010 be to Ashes Cricket 2009 (excluding the Action Cam)?

At the risk of being redundant:

Will full stats tracking be implemented in both the offline and online modes of the game? Will their bowling, batting and fielding statistics carry through and be updated in real-time, game after game, year after year? [If this could be done, we could create our own career mode, as mentioned already by hMarka]

Can we create our own tournaments?

Can we edit each players name, age, appearance and skills at any time? [This would be useful for the career mode]

Will the bowling cursor appear only 2-3 seconds before delivery, to make it more realistic?

Will there be a manual appeal function, to assist in obvious LBW outs?

Will you incorporate manual fielding?

Will there be faint edges that go through to the keeper?

Please help us to help each other. I believe that between Codematers and PlanetCricket, we can create the game everyone has been waiting for.

2 suggestions/question

Please have/Will there be an option to turn off the bowling cursor?

Will we be able to choose the number of overs we want in a session in a Test,

Can we call the keeper up to stumps for bowlers like Franklin,pathan, bracken etc?
Will there be option to choose a bowling style during the match for bowlers like sachin and symonds who bowl spin as well as seam up??
When would we get a highly versatile face editor??

Will we be able to edit licensed players in game?

Will there be training nets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread