Inzamam cleared of ball tampering charge

Ball tampering charge cleared! Hair had no proof against this and just said it as if it is a normal thing and then Inzi gets the 4 odi matches ban?! :mad they should take some action against Hair as he was the one who caused all this mess up, it is completely unfair! Inzi said he will not appeal to not to have the 4 odi match ban to ICC as he respects their decisions!

barmyarmy said:
He can't umpire in tests involving Aus.

Yes I know that as all umpires require to be neutral but I was actually referring to the ODI's, but just did not add it.

Farrukh_|$B said:
Ball tampering charge cleared! Hair had no proof against this and just said it as if it is a normal thing and then Inzi gets the 4 odi matches ban?! :mad they should take some action against Hair as he was the one who caused all this mess up, it is completely unfair! Inzi said he will not appeal to not to have the 4 odi match ban to ICC as he respects their decisions!
So you condone teams forfeiting games because they don't agree with a decision?

The four match ban is not for ball tampering, but for brining the game into disrepute. Tampering or not, he didn't lead his team out to play on the fourth evening and that's why he thoroughly deserves this ban.

Thats right. Regardless of whether Hair was right or wrong, Inzy and his team were guilty of not taking to the field in time.

Well I think most will agree with the outcome of the trial. Hair's contract is up in March apparently. Can't see them renewing it, although the ICC are as predictable as Hair's decisions anyway :D

I'm glad Inzy has said after all this "I forgive Hair" although whether that is the truth or PR I'm not sure.

Sureshot said:
Well I think most will agree with the outcome of the trial. Hair's contract is up in March apparently. Can't see them renewing it, although the ICC are as predictable as Hair's decisions anyway :D

I'm glad Inzy has said after all this "I forgive Hair" although whether that is the truth or PR I'm not sure.
excuse my ignorance here but is it part of inzi's religon to forgive? if it is then i'd think his serious and not just for PR, not like inzi needs any PR!

langerrox said:
excuse my ignorance here but is it part of inzi's religon to forgive? if it is then i'd think his serious and not just for PR, not like inzi needs any PR!
Forgive and forget is part of the religion.

langerrox said:

I know it is.

But then not all Pakistan fans on here have forgiven Hair. Not that all of the Pakistan fans will be Muslims, but a high percent.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much. But if Inzy forgave him, do you think he could treat Hair the same, next time he umpires a game involving Inzy, if indeed he does?

Sureshot said:

I believe it's actually March 2008.

But right after this incident took place and they were talking about firing Hair I think the ACB said that we will allow Hair to officiate in our domestic matches or something. Isn't this right? If it is then it obviously means that Hair doesn't necessarily have to officiate in International matches to be an umpire.

Atleast Darrel Hair must resign if he wants to gain some sympathies from public

Welcome to Planet Cricket Dr.MAS. I hope you have a nice time here:).

The heated debate on Darrell Hair's decision has ended. The drama started when Darrell Hair charged Pakistani "TEAM" of being involved in ball tempering. Inzamam (a lazy player) took late decision as usual, when he was prompted by his team-mates that it would be shameful to continue the match after being declared as cheats. (may be they wanted an early flight or day off for shopping).

The Pakistani team was in protest of that wrong judgment by the umpire, did not appear again at ground after tea interval and in that response, Darrell Hair took right decision (at least by books) and declared England team ?The Winner?. On Thursday, after two-days code-of-conduct hearing in London, the following decision was taken:-

1. ICC exempted Inzi of ball tampering charges but four matches banned were also applied on Inzi on bringing the match into disrepute by not returning to the field after tea interval.

2. Hair will not supervise champions? trophy citing security reasons. (This banned is given the name ?security problem? although Indian officials categorically said that there is no security problem in India. They said, when we can maintain security for 22 players then how come this security is insufficient for Darrell Hair. Are the lives of players not important? Or players do not required high security then the umpire?)

Here the question arises that who is the winner or looser in this whole conflict:-

1. Inzamum Ul Haque who is banned for next four ODI matches?????

2. Darrell Hair who cannot officiate champion trophy matches (Loss of many matches fee) and also might not supervise future matches to be played in India and Pakistan (Again Loss of many match fees for which that hungry man is sticking with his job and wants to remain ?in?)??? He was called boo boo (Greedy Person) in the public when he demanded 500,000$ for his compulsory retirement as compensation in lieu of loss of match fees.

3. Pakistan Cricket Board who spent lot of money on lawyers and achieved mixed judgment.

4. England team who (after a gap of many decades) clinched test series 3-0 but their win gone completely overshadowed and forgotten by public and press.

5. Zaheer Abbas who has been removed from the Team Manager.

6. Waseem Akram, Imran, Javed Miandad and many others Pakistani fame players who maintained their policy of ?opposition for the sake of opposition? by not siding with Inzi?s decision. According to them, if you have been declared a cheater without a clear evidence even then ?No Problem?.

7. The ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed and Prime Minister of Australia Mr. John Howard who unknowingly without visualizing what had happened supported Darrell Hair and try to pressurized ICC officials and were knocked out in Madogalle?s findings.

Following are beneficiaries in the entire story:

1. Younas Khan who has got the captaincy, in case of victory (the chances of 90%) he might seal Inzam place as captain in future.

2. Sarfraz Nawaz (irrespective of his past role where he stands nowhere but this time spoken loudly in Inzimam Ul Haque favour and geared up the public favour). He in a live T.V channel offered One Million Dollars to Darrell Hair for reverting his decision of ball tampering from Pakistan. (This time, he quiet rightly grabbed why Darrell Hair convicted of Pakistani team of being involved in ball tampering actually he was looking for some money to secure his future needs so that he can spend rest of his life in peace)

3. Pervaiz Mushraf (President of Pakistan) who on the same day after ball tampering incident rang up to Inzi and expressed his full support to the decision taken by the team of leaving that ground in which they were declared ?a big cheater?. To some extent, this step from the President has extended his popularity graph that was going continuously in decline at political level.

In my humble opinion,

In the entire clash, England Ground officials actually won the game, which met with match referee and umpires and fed the wrong info into their minds about Pakistani players ball tampering habits at the stage when their team was on the risk of loosing the test match and succeeded in their plan. Or Pakistani team got benefit of that conflict because after that nobody is questing his performance when the team has lost the test series.

It hasn't been proved whether someone connected to England told Mike Procter about ball tampering. If they did, that person is rumoured to have said "watch out for ball tampering", which surely is what the umpires should do anyway?!

Users who are viewing this thread