Inzamam keen to lead World XI

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Inzamam keen to lead World XI

With the preliminary squads having been announced for the World XI to take on Australia in September, Inzamam-ul-Haq has revealed how delighted he would be to play the lead role in bringing the Australians down a notch. Inzamam, Michael Vaughan and Graeme Smith are the only current captains included in the 30-man squad, and one of them appears likely to take on the mantle for the three one-day internationals and one-off Test.

Inzamam has 21 centuries in his 100 Tests, but has performed poorly against Australia in recent times. Speaking to The News, he said a chance to lead in the Sydney Test would be something of a dream come true. "Honestly speaking, just being selected for the World XI would be satisfying enough as it would be a recognition of my performances for Pakistan in recent months," he said, "but if I get a chance to lead the World XI then it would be the icing on the cake for me."

The captaincy debate will be settled in the coming months with Pakistan bidding for a first-ever series win in the Caribbean, and Vaughan hoping to wrest back the Ashes from Australia after 16 years of misery. Smith has blotted his copybook with a suspension during the current series in the West Indies, a penalty that might well rule him out of contention for the ODIs against Australia.

"Much will depend on our West Indies series," said Inzamam. "If I'm able to win, I'll be in line to lead the World XI surely." He admitted that the assembly of talent at his disposal was quite awe-inspiring. "It would be a great honour to lead a side with the world's best talent," he said. "Having a batting line-up consisting of Brian Lara, Sachin Tendulkar, Jacques Kallis, Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag and bowlers like Muttiah Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Steve Harmison, Andrew Flintoff, Makhaya Ntini and Irfan Pathan at your disposal, it would make captaincy very interesting and rewarding."

The squads for the Super Series will be pared down to 20 in July and then down to 13 a month before the matches. However, the ICC has confirmed that the captaincy could even be given to someone not currently leading a national side, a move that will surely pique the interest of the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara.
http://content.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/209305.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sami virtually ruled out of West Indies tour
Mohammad Sami, the Pakistani fast bowler, has all but been ruled out of his team's forthcoming Test tour of West Indies. Sami recently underwent surgery to remove cysts from his heel, and his doctor has recommended at least 10 days of rest before beginning training again.

"I had a fresh examination today and although the surgeon has removed the plaster and stitches from my heel, he says I should not put weight on the foot for another three to four days after which I can start walking; but I can start training only after another ten days," Sami was quoted as saying in The News.

Sami was not confident he would be match-fit in time to be selected to play in the Tests in West Indies. The first Test starts on May 26 at Barbados, followed by the second at Jamaica from June 3. Sami came back well in the recent series against India after beginning in lackluster fashion. In the absence of Shoaib Akhtar he was forced to spearhead the attack, and bowled his heart out on some unresponsive pitches.
http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/209231.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its all crap.Niether of the three warrant a place in the team .So it should be either between Dravid ,Lara or Tendulkar.

Dravid should be the final choice as he doesnt sleep through his sides bowling as many others do.

ronny_kingsley said:
I think its all crap.Niether of the three warrant a place in the team .So it should be either between Dravid ,Lara or Tendulkar.

Dravid should be the final choice as he doesnt sleep through his sides bowling as many others do.
why do you think its crap,what the hell are you trying to say that he sleeps while his side bowling :mad:,Lara's captaincy we have all seen he can't be in there,Tendulkar while he is leading the side he does not perform consistently,Dravid as we have seen in the last two ODI'S,if someone is a good batsmen that does not means that he is also a good captain,Vaughan or Inzamam anyone of those could be a choice !!!

The Champ said:
I think Inzy will do a great job, captaincy hasnt affected his batting at all, so he is a good choice
yes but it's a tough task to control all the classy players in one team as on the other hand inzimam is not alone in the Captains Choice,as we have also got Vaughan & Smith who are also doing good,so tough task for the selectors :cheers

Personally, I think Inzamam's dreaming. Secondly, I think Graeme Smith WILL warrant a place in the side. His form (albeit against weaker opponents) has been awesome. He also looks a pretty solid batsman. I'm talking about tests, by the way. Along with Sehwag, that could be a killer opening combination.

As for captaincy, it doesn't matter who is chosen. There will be so many leaders on field that everyone will eventually be consulted in making a choice. I'm guessing different players will be chosen to lead different days/sessions. If you want a figure-head captain, you can really choose anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread