Inzamam -ul-Haq to retire from test matches?

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
"Speculation over the future of Inzamam-ul-Haq, the former Pakistan captain, is mounting with some reports claiming he is set to retire from Test cricket after playing in the second Test in Lahore against South Africa."

Rest of article;
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/313431.html

"LAHORE: The former captain of Pakistan Cricket team Inzamamul Haq decided late Tuesday to get retirement from test cricket as well."

From a reliable Pakistani source;
http://www.geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=12287&param=4

Any views...?

They didn't give him a contract and then he joined ICL so the PCB have already gone from disowning to wishing him death. Why bother announcing retirement?

A Pakistan great is certain to retire I think. Good luck, Sloth. I will always remember that big chin and him being bowled by falling on his stumps:)

Rumour has it that he'll play the Second Test, score the 20 runs he needs to pass Miandad's record then retire, having had one last hurrah. Didn't see the PCB as in anyway sentimental, so it'll be shock if it's true.

I really Hope he don't Retire Because I want him to finish this series against South Africa.

I think the best would be to play all 3 tests against India and then retire. But that is not on homeground. So play India & Australia test series and THEN retire?

well if he retires and doesnt play a match in this series, that would be a wonderful sending off from the PCB..

It would be pretty good for him to retire against India.
But that would be signing off on a bad note...:p

Words cannot describe how much I will miss the big guy. He, along with Akram, played a big part of my unhealthy addiction to cricket. Planning to use an emergency day from work when he comes on to bat.

I guess it was time for him to leave.
But the stupid PCB havn't given him a proper send off. Selfish little b*sta....

What a legend. I believe in ODI's he hit almost 12,000 runs. Would have been like 50,000 if he actually ran. Still a legend all the same.

Ah Pakistani cricket's not how it was in the old days, Shoaib, Waqar and Wasim along with when Afridi was destructive and so to were M.Yousuf and Inzi along with a team full of performers...now Inzy's leaving!

It's sad to see Inzy go but he could not have too many regrets looking back on his career as a whole. He's been a great player for Pakistan and I'm glad the PCB is not so rude as to not give him a send-off in the Lahore test.

Users who are viewing this thread