PCB will lift ban on ICL players: Inzamam

If Pakistan were to do this it would be great. The funny thing about the Bond situation was that the ICL contract he signed said that if he had any NZ games he WAS given permission to play for them. So he would not have missed games for us even playing in the ICL. I could just see us letting Bond come back against India, can you imagine the fit they would throw.

If Pakistan were to do this it would be great. The funny thing about the Bond situation was that the ICL contract he signed said that if he had any NZ games he WAS given permission to play for them. So he would not have missed games for us even playing in the ICL. I could just see us letting Bond come back against India, can you imagine the fit they would throw.
And the funny thing is what could India do about it, since I'm assuming the series against India is part of the FTP...

It would be epic, but also it would be the right thing to do. I really am sick of teams like NZ missing quality players like Bond who can add so much more to a match. It really is rather pathetic this whole situation

It would be epic, but also it would be the right thing to do. I really am sick of teams like NZ missing quality players like Bond who can add so much more to a match. It really is rather pathetic this whole situation
And Lou Vincent back might help New Zealand's woes at the top of the order (or did he prematurely retire)

No, he went into depression, and completely lost his form. But he signed for us, and refound it, so yeah, he would do something in solving the Kiwis' opening problem.

KARACHI: When just a few days after taking over as PCB?s Director General, Javed Miandad accused the Indian cricket board of using bullying tactics and declared that Pakistan is facing immense public pressure to pardon their Indian Cricket League (ICL) rebels, it seemed as if he had given the Board yet another headache with a careless outburst.

After all, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) wants to remain in the good books of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) at a time when the Indians are showing reluctance about touring Pakistan because of security apprehensions for what is an all-important series for Pakistan.

But take a closer look at Miandad?s comments and it will become apparent that the shrewd schemer has played a well-timed shot by reminding BCCI about its ICL problem.

By announcing that the PCB is under pressure to lift the ban over 18 of its cricketers who defected to the ?rebel? ICL, Miandad?s hidden message to the BCCI is that it is time India repaid Pakistan over their unmatched support on the ICL issue and make it sure that MS Dhoni and company visit Pakistan for what is a much-awaited series.

The ICL card is the only pressure tool that Pakistan can use to save its ?iconic? home series against India from getting cancelled, postponed or moved to some offshore venues.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=148997

The Pakistan Cricket Board on Friday made it clear that it would never recognise the unofficial Indian Cricket League or lift ban on its players until the ICC and the Indian board changed their policy on the league.

"We would like to see this issue resolved as many of our players are in the ICL. We would like to consider them again for Pakistan if the ICL becomes legal," Butt said.
Read Full

Inzi could therefore make a comeback and bat number 11 and score the 2 runs he needs for the all time highest run scorer for Pakistan :)

Inzi could therefore make a comeback and bat number 11 and score the 2 runs he needs for the all time highest run scorer for Pakistan :)
Nah mate he's retired.
Yes but if this thing works out then I would respect PCB more than BCCI lol.
Yeah Cricket is Cricket.No matter however its played.Lot of youngsters are only in this league.(ICL).
Rohan Gavaskar is in it! LOL.(So I think Sunil would support lifting the ban all over the world.)

This is ridiculous:

Cricinfo - Cricket Australia blocks Gillespie coaching move

Jason Gillespie has been barred by Cricket Australia from coaching Australia's young fast bowlers because he plays in the unofficial Indian Cricket League. The BCCI's refusal to sanction the league, and Cricket Australia's backing of the Indian board, means no player is eligible to continue his state or international career in Australia while he takes part in the ICL.

But the latest move to block Gillespie from coaching at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane points to an extension of the ban. Australia's bowling coach Troy Cooley invited Gillespie to spend a fortnight at the academy working with promising teenage fast bowlers but Gillespie said he was not allowed to take up the offer.

"I just found out that, because of my involvement in the ICL, that doesn't allow me to go and do any coaching there, which I think is quite unusual," Gillespie told the Age. "It would have been two weeks working with under-age kids. Blokes are available to help and they don't want to use us."
This is really too far. It's one thing to say they can't play, but not letting one of our greats coach youngsters and give back to the team is ludicrous. What is he going to do, recruit them to the ICL?

That could be a valid fear Dean. He takes a look at them, and in a few seasons if they aren't getting very far in their Aussie career ask them if they want to earn some cash and hone their skills in the ICL. I can see why the board is worried.

And the players would gain valuable experience (of some sort) in the ICL, they come back to Australia, and play for their states, and come back improved?

That would happen in an ideal world anyway :)

lol looking at the current OZ team, Gillespie should LOL at their faces and say..."its not my lose *****"

That could be a valid fear Dean. He takes a look at them, and in a few seasons if they aren't getting very far in their Aussie career ask them if they want to earn some cash and hone their skills in the ICL. I can see why the board is worried.
No he wouldn't, we're not talking about someone who ran out in the middle of his career, this is a guy who was pushed out of the team due to age and retired, and is just trying to make some extra money. Dizzy is a legend of the Australian cricket team, and that team would be his number 1 priority if he was coaching here.

PCB will lift ban on ICL players- read in times today "PCB in process discussion with ICC"

Desperate to get the middle order batsmen back?

Users who are viewing this thread