iPhone Applications

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just out of interest, are there any 'Office' apps available. In theory, it would give you a 'Word', 'PowerPoint' etc. Just not as developed.

It would be a big help, i could do my H/W on the way home from school when the chat on the bus is dead.

There are few apps called "Documents-to-go" and "Quick office Mobile".

Quickoffice Mobile Suite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Consider the reviews before You might want to try those out because they're pricey. There are a lot of less priced apps in iTunes. Just check them on the average.

KBC

Panel of Selectors

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Any paid apps that people would suggest. Been searching through a lot of them but can't decide what I want.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I bought NBA Elite 11. I'm usually pretty hesitant to buy iOS sports games but it was on sale a couple weeks back. I've recently got into watching NBA and the playoffs so thought I'd try the game.

However, after a while it does get a bit easy but you can always increase the difficulty. I was bored the other day and set to the lowest difficulty and set the quarters to be 12 mins each, had the Lakers play the Nets (which I think is the weakest team in the game), threw Magic Johnson into my lineup (unlocked 'cause I won the playoffs) and went nuts with 3-pointers. I won 230-106 with all but 6 points coming from 3-pointers. Controls are very easy to use and it's all pretty fluid.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I bought FirstTouch yesterday, a cheaper soccer games and a lot smaller ($1.19 or something and 300 mb or so which is much smaller than Fifa). Let it download overnight and played it a bit today. Seems fairly good. Simple controls and decent graphics. I've only tried the Low level difficulty so far and now upped the difficulty since I've gotten the hang of it now. But a pretty decent game, with a fair few leagues.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I bought The Oregon Trail yesterday, didn't realise it was nearly 1GB... had to delete a number of things from my iPhone to fit it on. It's quite fun though. $1.29.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I bought The Oregon Trail yesterday, didn't realise it was nearly 1GB... had to delete a number of things from my iPhone to fit it on. It's quite fun though. $1.29.

I've never seen an app that big before. How long did it take to download?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I read about it on the internet and it was cheap so I got it. Took 15-20 minutes?

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I was just looking at it. I should have got Fifa 11 when it was on sale.

harrisb

International Coach
International Snooker - Big Head Games,

Although it's pretty expensive (?2.99), if you spent last weekend with your feet up on the sofa because you'd just had a minor operation, watching the snooker suddenly became an attractive prospect. After a while, i was almost 'hooked', and needed something to fill the gaps of the mid-session intervals.

Gameplay is great, although the AI doesn't have different tactics for each difficulty level, they just get better at potting the ball. Cameras are great, and it's not 'Swipe'n'hope', you use the power bar to adjust the power, add spin if you want, and press the button. Pretty simple really, and most games take about 10 minutes, so it's not as long as real snooker.

Users who are viewing this thread