IPL 7 held in three countries

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Due Lok Sabha elections IPL 7 will held in three countries india,bangladesh & UAE.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Well, the leg in Bangladesh will happen only if the Indian government doesn't allow them to play in India from May 1st onwards. The leg in the UAE is confirmed, but there's a period from May 1 to May 12 where they would rather be in India, and if the government doesn't allow it, they will go to Bangladesh.

Here is the Cricinfo article.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Cant state it will be in Bangladesh,as the Governing council has asked the govt. to give security for the venues where elections are completed.If the govt. disagrees only then will the some games be held in Bangladesh.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
For a while i've thought the long term future of the IPL lies in it evolving into a global league. Each country will have lesser domestic t20 competitions.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
So 16 matches to be played in UAE so my guess is that each team will play around 3 to 4 matches from a mandatory 14 so the remaining 10 to 11 at home if it wont get to Bangladesh if it does then it will reduce to 8 or 9. And UAE in summer oh please pray for players omg, players suffer to play at chennai during the summer at near 35c and now have to face 40 and above at uae and according to me only 8pm starts will be available i guess based on the words by the Ipl chairman

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I also wonder about the attendances in UAE. The great thing about having it in South Africa was that the crowds came out for the games. In the UAE I really haven't seen the people come out for Tests or ODIs. Maybe it will be different for T20, but it could be a risk for the image of the IPL if they play too many matches in front of empty houses.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I also wonder about the attendances in UAE. The great thing about having it in South Africa was that the crowds came out for the games. In the UAE I really haven't seen the people come out for Tests or ODIs. Maybe it will be different for T20, but it could be a risk for the image of the IPL if they play too many matches in front of empty houses.

Precisely what I was thinking.

I guess they will do a massive promotional gig pre-IPL, like they did in South Africa in 2009. All those team buses(or were they floats?) on the streets. Then have a huge (and needless) opening ceremony. South Africa is a sport loving country in general, so people were excited about IPL. I wonder how the UAE folks will react

Absence of Pakistani players might be another big factor

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One