Is Brian Lara the best choice of W Indies?

Did Lara not lead the west indies to the ICC champions trophy. I also think he is the only captin that can lead the west indies

brian lara is a great captin but maybe they should just let him concentrate on his batting to give them a chance of winning the world cup. They should appoint someone else like gayle or ganga

JImmy_Maher said:
brian lara is a great captin but maybe they should just let him concentrate on his batting to give them a chance of winning the world cup. They should appoint someone else like gayle or ganga
As has been mentioned before in this thread, Lara is the only player with the moral authority necessary for the captain's position, apart from the fact that he is always a certainity in the national team; which eliminates the creation of a situation wherein a certain player is in the team just because he is the skipper.

I've always thought that a younger player such as Gayle would be useful. Something some cricketers need to be able to understand is that just because you are not captain or vice captain dosen't mean that you can't lead the team. For example, if Lara was not captain then he still needs to be able to assist the younger guys to improve.

I think Lara should be kept captain until the world cup and see how he does in that...i think hes led westindies very well in the past series as well...

Yea he is great, and also should lead them into the world cup, and after retiring, then Ganga is the best option for skipper. Chanders shouldn't he is a poor captain, and the past has shown this....

sohummisra said:
How good is Sarwan as a leader? I'm not sure. Who is West Indies VC, anyway, Chanderpaul?

Sarwan is the vice captain for the windies, and at the moment i think that Lara is the best choice for windies captain because hes the only player that the other windies players will play for and really give their best effort because of the respect he gets. Thats one of the big reasons Chanderpaul did bad, but after the world cup i think Sarwan should take over because so much effort has been put in to develop him, and he has been vc for a long time if im not mistaken.

As Chanderpaul turned out to be a horrivle choice as captain, Lara seems to be the only reasonable option left. Sarwan as a player is not a leader... is far too inconsistent. Nobody else is assured a place in the team, when the world cup arrives. Maybe Gayle though... but he looks like a zombie on the field. How inspiring is he???

yea for now Lara is but for the future it should be Sarwan because so much money and effort went into him, unless someone emerges as a leader after Lara leaves. Gayle might be a good captain if he shows more effort in the field.

Users who are viewing this thread