Is this a bug or what?

You need the original gob file to install updates. If you're getting slapped when you're bowling- learn how to bowl decently:) . And if Cricket 2006 comes without bugs, I'll buy a copy for everyone on this forum;)

The runout bug shouldn't occur too much if you have either a deepish or short mid off and mid on, so just make a custom field and pack the off side

I have found that using a custom field with a mid-on and a mid-off causes LESS run-outs...go figure!!! I tend to get more run-outs when the batsman take an idiotic second run, usually have playing a shot to mid-wicket or backward square.

With the patches the game is certainly more enjoyable. Its the LBW decisions that p*ss me off. How many times does the ball pitch outside off-stump, you play a shot and miss -- OUT!!! Or the ball pitches on leg-stump and is clearly going to miss it by 6 inches, but you are given out. Very frustrating!!! Iron that bug out and I'll be happy.

What use would manual appealing be? The CPU appeals every time the decision will be given out anyway, it would only make you more irritated when your drawn out appeal for a plumb LBW is refused. When they get the umpiring decisions right (2006...2008....2010:confused: ) manual appealing would be great- but right now it's useless.

Look at C97. The computer was meant to appeal automatically but didn't half the time but if you appealed it was often given out. There are two things that drive me crazy about not having manual appealing. First when you hit the batsmen plum and there is no appeal for no reason and second whenever the batsman makes a noise to say you've hit him, even if it's only on ther pad, there will be no appeal for the most blatant lbw's in the world. If players were given out on manual appeal in C97 I can't see why they couldn't be in later games.

Users who are viewing this thread