iTunes Problem

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I use iPod Touch 3G.Could anyone tell me how to backup the iTunes media library. After every 3-4 months, my pc starts showing some unknown errors which corrupts the windows due to which I need to re-install the windows and I lose all the data which I've managed on iTunes. Please help!! :(

I use iPod Touch 3G.Could anyone tell me how to backup the iTunes media library. After every 3-4 months, my pc starts showing some unknown errors which corrupts the windows due to which I need to re-install the windows and I lose all the data which I've managed on iTunes. Please help!! :(

If your music and videos managed through itunes are stored only in the itunes folder, then I suggest backing your itunes Music folder before you have to re-install Windows. Your itunes Music folder should be in the location "C:\Music\iTunes Music\Music" (where C: is the drive in which your iTunes folder resides). If you are not able to back this up in the normal mode of Windows, restart your computer in safe mode and then backup the iTunes folder to a backup drive (flash or external HDD if available). Also next time you re-install Windows and re-install iTunes, create two partitions on your computer where one partition has all the Windows files, and the other partition stores all other files. And place the 'iTunes Music' folder with all your music files in that other partition and point iTunes to that folder. You can do that by opening iTunes and going to 'Edit->Preferences->Advanced' and then change the iTunes Media folder location to the location where you have placed the 'iTunes Music' folder. This way, even if you have to reinstall Windows, you dont have to backup your iTunes managed files everytime. Also make sure the 'Copy files to iTunes media folder before adding to library' is checked so that from now on, whatever files you add to iTunes will be copied to that new iTunes media folder in the other partition.

P.s: What unknown errors are you getting? Maybe someone here could help troubleshooting it without re-installing Windows everytime?

Last edited:
Yea you should probably get those errors checked out...

Users who are viewing this thread