JJ3 .v. M_Vaughan's World Cup Predictions

lol not really, but I got the point.

JJ3's Current Scoreline:

Correct 28-19 Incorrect

Only 1 of the quater final results correct, how embarassing :p

Anyway, on to the semi's:

Germany .v. Italy

At this stage there are no easy predictions for me to make. Against Argentina, Germany showed they could keep going for the full 90 and never gave up. They got a chance and took it. Against Italy I think they will get more chances than they did in the quaters. However, Italy have a strong strike force and will fancy their chances against the German back 4.

JJ3's Prediction: Germany 1-2 Italy

Portugal .v. France

Portugal were poor against England, and were probably not the better side on the day. However, a good team spirit got them through. If it goes to penalties I am backing Portugal! However, in real time I expdect France to continue their top performances and come out on top.

JJ3's Prediction: Portugal 1-3 France

i think out of those 4, you can only write off Portugal ATM, they seem to be the only team without scoring prescense upfront.

rickyp said:
i think out of those 4, you can only write off Portugal ATM, they seem to be the only team without scoring prescense upfront.
They'll be a lot more threatening with Deco back. Deco, Ronaldo and Figo playing together can do the trick for LFS.

Prediction Ratio: 26/45
Success Rate: 57.78%

Sad to see the hosts go out, but Italy did play better that day. But for the football's sake I hope they do not win the World Cup.

Hence my scoreline prediciton is going to favour Zidane's French team.

France 3-0 Italy:upray

Germany 0-1 Portugal

YAY!! No actully France 5-0 Italia :D.

JJ3's Current Scoreline:

Correct 30-19 Incorrect

Germany .v. Portugal

The 3rd place play-off and both teams will want to win this one. Portugal have been terrible during the tournament, they were lucky to get through against England and were lucky to not get turned over by France. Germany will want to put in one final performance infront of their loyal fans.

JJ3's Prediction: Germany 2-1 Portugal

Italy .v. France

The final, and two of the most impressive teams in the tournament, although I didn't back either to get to the final. Italy's defence has been great, but France's attack has been unlocking defences as of late. Zidane will be the key. Italy offer a lot upfront and Thuram will have his work cut out at the back. Difficult one to call.

JJ3's Prediction: Italy 1-2 France

Final Scoreline:

Correct 31-20 Incorrect

Well, that is all from my predictions. For the final, I was correct in the way Zidane would be the key. Little was I too know it would be to assist the Italians winning.

Well done Jamesy and sid. I'm sure I speak for most people when I say we've enjoyed reading your predictions.

Yes great predictions by m_vaughany and JJ3!! :clap :happy. Your Predictions were almose rite ;)

Users who are viewing this thread