Story "Just the pen, the zinc and me bat" - Andrew Symonds' Tour Diary:"2 Minutes with Roy"

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha, Joe you idiot:p

Keep them questions coming people, thanks for the support!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Why could you be cocky enough to go out on the **** the night before the game against Bangladesh in 05'?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a better one, would you please beat up the insecure Indian fan who neg repped me? :p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Right, i guess still that question session with Symonds is not over.. Here is mine,

Will you ever try to throw your own mate, Ricky and become a captain for Aussies? Like wonderful skilled/marvellous tempo/genuine skipper,Steve Waugh thrown out from the team few years ago! ;)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, he will answer them soon guys. Got the call from Tasmania today and he reckons he will do them within the next few days - he's been busy:p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
2 Minutes with Roy
Q&A with Andrew Symonds
r131724_437827.jpg

What was your proudest moment in your career, so far?

Mate, I have to say the first time I got to wear that Baggy Green cap for Australia. Just being there with all the boys on the first day of that match in Sri Lanka was an awesome feeling and one that I will never forget. I think its me proudest moment for sure.

How many Indians did you beat up after they made monkey noises at you? :p Or get a haircut. please.

(Laughs) Nah mate, I am a pretty laid back type of person. I didnt make a big deal out of it, I just said to myself "Score runs and make them eat their own words" and by scoring that hundred I think I made them shut their gobs and see that that type fuel just makes me want to succeed even more - to me it actually brings out this best in me.

On the second bit, yeah, the hair is getting a bit out of control. Thats why I cut it after the Indian series. If you look carefully you can see that they aren't as long anymore so my big head can fit inside me Aussie helmet and Baggy Green without giving me a bloody headache!

Why could you be cocky enough to go out on the **** the night before the game against Bangladesh in 05'?

Well, I wasnt cocky, things just got out of hand when me and Pup went out. It was wrong to be out so late before a match. I was drinking a fair bit then not before long time was getting on and it was in the early hours of the morning and Pup thought we should get back to the hotel and try and clean me up. I wasnt in a very good state at all mate, and Pup was a bloody legend for getting me into a shower (still dont know how he did it) and getting a hot breakfast in me before the days play. But then training came around before the game and Punter knew I wasnt 100% and came up to inspect me and straight away knew I was on the ****, he was angry at me and told John Buchanan. They threatened me saying I would never play for Australia again and thats when I knew this is a big deal and I need to take it on the chin and do the time. I think I have learnt my lesson, and I can understand why the fans probably thought I was a prick for doing what I did....

Will you ever try to throw your own mate, Ricky and become a captain for Aussies? Like wonderful skilled/marvellous tempo/genuine skipper,Steve Waugh thrown out from the team few years ago! ;)
Haha, no way mate. I am just trying to cement my spot in the Test team at the moment. And I think at my age my chances are pretty slim at being captain. I would love to maybe captain the Bulls one day if Jimmy Maher ever decides to bloody retire!!!

Originally Posted by Punk Sk8er!
I know you like everyone on the team but if you could who would you 'remove' from the Australian squad?
Haha, well, if I could "remove" one player from the squad it would probably be Huss. He never shuts his gob, he loves to chat in the dressing rooms, on the field, at lunch. He just never stops talking Cricket! Its like he is an 8 year old on red cordial mate.

Originally Posted by Left_Hander

Why are you called Roy?

Do you like cheese and what is your favourite kind of cheese? :D

Its a long story that I don't even know this answer to mate. I think it comes from looking like the basketball player Leroy Loggins as a kid. Iam not sure mate.

Cheese wise....I would have to say whatever is cheapest (laughs).

Thats 2 minutes with Roy, hope you enjoyed my time and and answers.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Wow this story is getting better and better as it is progressing. Nice interview and nice presentation as well. KUTGW :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Slang is very common in Australia. Oh and the "cheapest kind of cheese" is so typical of Australian males. Nice stuff :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread