Kumar Sangakkara - Mr. Elegant

Shahbaz63

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kumara Sangakkara ? Captain, Wicket Keeper, Batsman, lecturer, Gentlemen & a Team man or we can say a best man. ?Many Into One? A Tough talking & a sharp thinking man from Sri Lanka, whose aggression is calculated & intelligent. Cover Drive, lofted shots or straight drive takes whatever you want this man has the charm of Cricket which can bring an audience. Not just paper talk but statistics do support him too, more then 10,000 runs in both of Cricket, 31 Test Centuries with an average of over 56 is enough to convey the Greatness of this man. Before he made a debut for Sri lanka at age of 22 he was known as Wicket Keeper who can bat but, since his first international match he showed that he is gem of glance, a cricketer who gives calmness to soul of cricket fans & pundits. The Natural short pitch player, he pulls balls with ease & the way he cut does describe the beauty of batting in Cricket. Sangakkara is known as one of the "most polished and prudent of batsmen" in cricket with ability to score all over the ground. He has got every shot in his pocket. But somehow he has not lived up to the mark in One day international Cricket, often throwing his wicket after a very promising start. Only in his second International match he played match wining knock of 85 runs against South Africa. hard work, determination and an impeccable work ethic made him ICC World?s number one ranked Test batsman in June 2008. be it batting for 60 Overs to save test match on 5th day & scoring 63 runs he was always there for his team when needed. He is the youngest & the only current player, who has given lecture 2011 MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture. He is intelligent off the field as he is on it. That speech connects every cricketers or lovers soul. With the, speech Sangakkara had become a rare example of a sportsman who provided revelations on and off the field. Here is the best part of that lecture,

"Our cricket embodied everything in our lives, our laughter and tears, our hospitality, our generosity, our music, our food and drink. It was normality and hope and inspiration in a war-ravaged island. In it was our culture and heritage, enriched by our myriad ethnicities and religions. In it we were untouched, at least for a while, by petty politics and division. It is indeed a pity that life is not cricket. If it were, we would not have seen the festering wounds of an ignorant war." -- Kumar Sangakkara, 2011 MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey lecture

Kumar Sangakkara is an allrounder in complete sense. Not only is he Sri Lanka's stylish batsman ever produced also one of the finest wicketkeeper produced by country and some may call him the best captain for his country too. Talking about batting again, he is has 8 Double hundred on his name & one of the most unlucky cricketer to come close to double hundred twice & couldn?t reach it because of other?s fault. Last year he was stranded on 199* against Pakistan due to his team?s got all out & before that a classy inning of 192 in Australia where he was given out falsely. He is close to 36 now & I am sure he will have more double hundred before he retired. He is the most successful sri lankan player in overseas to. Despite all crisis & issue with board & country he has always given his 100% along with his team during his captaincy time. Sometime I feel he is under achiever looking at his Hard work & dedication which is transparent when plays his stroke, wonder if he was a part of strong batting line up like Australia of 90?s or India of mid 00s, things would have been little different may be. But still in a Country like Sri Lanka who is still struggling to prove his metal in world he has been fantastic role model not only for Young Lankan fans but also for other nation?s youngster, he is born with Steve Waugh?s team attitude for me. If any team in this world really plays for there country it would be Sri lanka only and it was visible in his MCC lectures too about what it means to play for Sri Lanka & why they want to play for Lanka despite of lots of issues which doesn?t seems to be minors.

As a Cricket fan I have enjoyed his batting a lot & for me he is the most prolific player ever produced by Sri Lanka, I wish him best of luck. A last line with which I would like to end this would be ?As a batsman, Sanga exudes class.?

Somewhere I Belong....: Kumara Sangakkara - "Mr. Elegent"

Users who are viewing this thread