La Vecchia Signora in Serie A-**Lastampa**

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
juventusbuffoncopyob3.jpg

Banner by Mad Snake​

Juventus Take Over by Indian Millionaires

juventus-logo.jpg

Indian tycoons Avroneel Biswas and Shantanu Ambekar have reached an agreement to take over Italian Football Giants Juventus. Biswas and Ambekar will be co-chairmen and will be running the club. Juventus chairman Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, who will become an honorary life president, said: "This is a great step forward for its shareholders and its fans."

The pair, who each own IPL cricket teams, beat off competition from Dubai International Capital. Their offer is worth ?6,000 per share, valuing the club at ?194.1m, and along with the club's ?40.8m debt it values the club at ?234.9m. But the pair are also believed to have guaranteed to invest over ?200m in the club, but they refused to discuss figures.

They confirmed they will make funds available, both for team strengthening and also increasing the club Stadium's capacity soon and denied they had secured the club on borrowed money. "We have purchased the club with no debt on the club," said Biswas. "We believe in the future of the club, the future of the league, the new TV contracts are outstanding and we are proud to be a part of it. "This is truly the largest sport in the world, the most important sport in the world, and this is the most important club in the most important sport in the world. "What a privilege we have to be associated with it and we hope that with the good graces of Giovanni and his team that we will have on-the-pitch success and economic success."

But both Biswas and Ambekar vowed to safeguard the legacy of the club and the new coming manager to do his job. A club statement earlier confirmed that a deal had finally been done after a two-year search for new owners. It said: "Juventus FC today announced that the board have agreed the terms of an offer for the club from Mr Avroneel Biswas and Mr Shantanu Ambekar. "The board are unanimously recommending that the club's shareholders accept this offer."

In a statement Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said: "This club is my passion and forms a huge part of my life. After much careful consideration, I have agreed to sell my shares to assist in securing the investment needed for increasing the capacity of the stadium and for the playing squad. "I urge all my fellow shareholders to do the same and to support the offer. By doing so, I believe you will be backing the successful future of Juventus. "I am also delighted to accept the offer from the Ambekar and Biswas families to continue my involvement in the club by becoming honorary life president." Jean Cluade Blanc added: "This is great for Juventus, our supporters and the shareholders - it is the beginning of a new era for the club.

Ambekar, who owns the Mumbai Indians IPL team, joined forces with Biswas to gazump rival bidders DIC last week. "They are bringing to the table tremendous and relevant experience, a passion for sport, real resources and a strong commitment to the traditions of Juventus. "We know that Shantanu and Avroneel want a long-term relationship with Juventus and that they also understand the importance of investing in our success both on and off the field. "They have made clear their intention to move as quickly as practicable on the financing and construction of our proposed increasing the capacity of the stadium and also to support investment in the playing squad."

Nice start hope it goes well at Juventus!!!

Lippi Appointed as new Manager

Football_Coach_Marcello_Lippi.jpg

Former Juventus manager Marcello Lippi has made a dramatic return to Turin by signing a three-and-half year contract to manage the club. Lippi, 66, managed the La Vecchia Signora from 1994 to 1999 and again from 2001 to 2004 and now returns to Stadio Delle Alpi as Claudio Ranieri's successor.

Gerard Houllier and Gianfranco Zola were linked with the job in the last two days but the club turned to Lippi. The former Italy, Inter Milan, Napoli, Atlanta, Casena, Cararese and Siena manager said: "It's nice to be home. I'm delighted to be back." Juventus owner Shantanu Ambekar added: "We didn't think we'd be able to get Marcello back to the club but he's the right man and we're absolutely delighted."

Former Chelsea boss Ranieri left Juventus by "mutual consent" two weeks ago after just eleven months in charge. With Ranieri gone, there was daily speculation about his possible replacement, with Gianfranco Zola quickly emerging as the favourite to take over. The West Ham chief eventually turned down the chance to move to Stadio Delle Alpi, leading to rumours that former Liverpool boss Houllier, and Milan boss Carlos Ancelotti could all be tempted instead. Juventus legend Antonio Conte was also thought to be in the frame, although the former Italian striker finally revealed on Wednesday he had been told by the club that he lacked experience to be their next manager.

In the end, Juventus owners Shantanu Ambekar and Avroneel Biswas plumped for Lippi, a man regarded with reverence on Turine. Lippi was set to rejoin the Italian National Side but after thinking a lot decided to join Juventus as he had quit coaching Italy after 2006 World Cup. He also walked away from Juventus in 1999 but came back in 2001 but left after three successful season in 2004 and left the Italy job suddenly after winning the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Since Lippi left 4 years ago, four permanent managers have come and gone at Stadio Delle Alpi, while it has been 6 years since the club claimed a major trophy. Lippi had been linked with a return to the club as director of football following Biswas and Ambekar's takeover. However, Lippi told Sky Sports a month ago that he was unlikely to manage a team again. He said: "I don't think it will happen. I think my life has gone in a different direction."

But as speculation increased that he might be tempted back, he said on Monday: "I'm not ruling myself out or in. It's a club I love, everyone knows that." Sky Sports Live's football correspondent Mike Ingham says Lippi can rejuvenate the club he onced managed from 1994-1999 and again from 2001-2004 He said: "Lippi's memory has haunted all his successors, he galvanised them as a player and as a manager. "It's a great soap opera. Locally they will be in raptures but outside it there may well be bewilderment."

Lippi took Juventus winning the titles in 1995, 1997, 2002, 2003 and finished as runner ups in 1996. They led AC Milan by 6 points before finishing as runners up in 1996. Lippi went on to manage Inter Milan and Italy, whom he left in 2006.Now he is back at Juventus, much to delight of the majority of the club's fans. A sign of how highly regarded Lippi is on Turin was reflected in a statement on the Juventus website: "The Great Lippi to be unveiled as new manager."

Conte, who is being tipped to become part of Lippi's coaching team at Juventus, is a also big fan of Lippi's. "He is highly thought of in Juventus and rightly so because of what he did for the club," said Conte, who was signed by Lippi for £4m in 1994. "Marcello did something special, he's a special person with special charisma."

I would of liked to of seen Ranieri stay however Lippi is a proven winner and a top-class manager! :D

Sad to see the Tinkerman go, but Lippi is good.

Juventus did win the Scudetto under Capello, but they were stripped of them because of Moggi's involvement in Calciopoli.

Users who are viewing this thread