LBW Decisions Update REQUEST

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
Not for the foreseeable future, if it's posible at all!!!

What's the problem? You can be given out in BLIC if the ball pitches outside off just not if it hits the batsman outside off (even if it is going on to hit) as per the rules of cricket...

barmyarmy said:
What's the problem? You can be given out in BLIC if the ball pitches outside off just not if it hits the batsman outside off (even if it is going on to hit) as per the rules of cricket...
Hey please please can you increase the length of stumps by one more inch so that we will get many LBWs bcoz many lbws are getting turned down due to less height problem.

hahaha why would you edit a game such that it doesnt follow the rules of the game anymore?

sami007 said:
hahaha why would you edit a game such that it doesnt follow the rules of the game anymore?
I believe in BLIC the stumps are made 2 inch shoter than the real ones due to the lack of original stump licenses.

i thought the lbws were perfect, i havn't been given out yet for a ball that hit me outside the line of off stump where i was playing a shot. as you play a shot at just about all the deleiveries thats fine. leave it how it is. I have been given out and had lbws given out for me when the ball is going down leg, i had it twice in one game (one for me and one for the comp) thats fine there is some errors sometimes and i think its great

all in all there is no need to change the lbws at all

Mahesh Babu said:
I believe in BLIC the stumps are made 2 inch shoter than the real ones due to the lack of original stump licenses.

Source please? I don't believe that at all. The size of stumps isn't something you can copyright.

barmyarmy said:
Source please? I don't believe that at all. The size of stumps isn't something you can copyright.
Just compare the stumps with the original ones.You will find them to be shorter by atleast 2 inches.
For source ,you have to edit the exe file and determine the height of the stumps.

barmyarmy said:
I have had a few times here or there when the batsman was hit plump in front of the stumps with the ball being pitched outside off, but the batsman was not given out. The default camera angle makes it a bit hard to see it though, so its arguable there really is a bug.

I quite like that the umpire gets it wrong occasionally, makes it frustrating at times, but adds a touch of "humanity" to the game.
Problem with hitting outside the line of off stump is that the computer opponent always plays a shot, no matter how lousy, thus negating lbw.
Another problem with not being able to leave the ball without dropping confidence.

Mahesh Babu said:
Just compare the stumps with the original ones.You will find them to be shorter by atleast 2 inches.
For source ,you have to edit the exe file and determine the height of the stumps.

Exe is encoded and thus you wouldn't be able to find this sort of info in it unless you decoded it. By source I meant what source do you have for the statement you made?

I wouldn't complain at all, plumb infront yorkers are commonly overlooked in Cricket 2005, which is often more suprising to the person batting. My two pence :)

Users who are viewing this thread