Limitations on celebrations

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simon Jones was fined ?1,000 for pointing the Aussie opener Matty Hayden back to the pavilion on day two of the second-Test win.

I was wondering whether such limitations on celebration are always necessary. We must realise that these players are totally into the game, and things like these just show how much involved they are in it. It shows their dedication to the team and the match. At that split second no one really remembers about the clauses and rules.

So in my opinion sledging and stuff should be allowed as long as it doesnt become too violent, racist or abusive. Everthing else should be taken in spirit of the game, as after all these guys are giving it their all to score runs, pick up wickets and win matches.

I am sure Hayden wouldnt have had any problem with Jones, and had taken it sportingly.

Simon Jones:
"Things happen in the heat of the moment and sometimes you can't control what you're doing," he told.
"Someone else takes over and it's a great feeling but you may look back on it and think, 'what was I doing?'"

"He came into the changing room afterwards and we had a chat - he's a really nice guy. "We had a chat about what happened in the one-dayer and had a bit of a laugh."

Just shows that only the ICC and Sunil Gavaskar have a problem with such things, not the all important players.

Yep, OTT from Jones, but then everyone does things in the heat of the moment. Deserved.

One reason why he did it is that Jones new how important that wicket was to Englands chance of winning the last game, icc are too strict perhaps they should play in such an important match and take a wicket to see how they would react.
One thing that should also be looked at is the amount of times Australia appeal in a match, especially Mr Warne, eventually it causes umpires to make a rash decesion like the Pitersen wicket !!!!!

I am sure Simon Jones doesn't mind paying the fine, if it was me I would gladly pay:D

But I do feel Cricketers must not use bad language.
Like people follow what cricketers do.that's why companies rope them in to acts in commercial ads.Sachin drinking pepsi surely 'boost's it's sale.

lol...Yuvraj Singh against West Indies,when he got his century,saw towads the dressing room & said somthink like "f***ing b*****ds I got my century.

Yea, whay do Indians always get angry at getting a wicket, scoring 50/100s? Thats kinda wierd.

lol...also harbajan he gets angry very often & shouts bad words in Hindi.

he has not been caught mostly because the umpire/match refree couldn't underdstand Hindi :D

Probably they want to relieve the tension due to poor form through anger.LOL
I dont mind the bowler staring at the batsman, etc. BUT I dont like the use of foul language in the game.

bassit said:
Probably they want to relieve the tension due to poor form through anger.LOL
I dont mind the bowler staring at the batsman, etc. BUT I dont like the use of foul language in the game.
Yes, a little bit of gamesmanship is ok, but nobody should have to put up with abusive language

Hayden is a world class cricketer, and that little prick, Jones had no business acting cocky, after getting the wicket. Prove yourself as a bowler first, before being completely disrespectful to one of the best batsman out there.

I would love to punch that little bugger straight in the face

Learn something from flintoff, and Harmison Jacka**

Heres my view on this whole thing. If It was against an asian team then the unpms wud prolly let it go.

Reason I say this is because in 2002 (Rules were in effect), India was playin england and Sehwag was doing really good with a 100 not out and suddenly Ashley Giles bowled him with a slower ball which he didnt read. Ashley Giles loked right at Sehwag and pointed to the direction of the pavillion saying "Get out of here"

I was shocked that no news came of any fines. No one even mentioned that this happened on news or ne websites. I think that there needs to be uniform action taken. Either every1 gets fines or no 1 does. It shouldnt depend on weather the ump had a good nite and is feeling in a good mood the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread