Looks very interesting, but...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
...there seems to be a distinct lack of offline modes! No Test series, for example! I've seen the videos and the game looks very good (and sounds superb), but I doubt if I'll get it if there's not going to be a Test series mode offline, or if there's the chance of it being added in the future.

Can any of the game's makers clear that up? :)

...there seems to be a distinct lack of offline modes! No Test series, for example! I've seen the videos and the game looks very good (and sounds superb), but I doubt if I'll get it if there's not going to be a Test series mode offline, or if there's the chance of it being added in the future.

I wonder if they felt that they just wanted to get the AI and the multiplayer right first, using one-day cricket. There still a lot of substance to this game. If this project works, I can't see why they wouldn't significantly add to its appeal by including Test matches.

Perhaps test match cricket can be purchased in 6-12 months time as an expansion pack!

release a demo ! no way im buying it to find out it wont run on my PC. This game is basically catering to people who cannot run AC09 on their PC, You would think they would release a demo.

Hi steve, actually I like their approach of only having limited overs. Don?t get me wrong, I love test cricket as much as I love beautiful ladies hehehe. Its just if you try to achieve so many things, you end up getting nothing!!! Look what happened to ashes 09. the middle order test batsmens thinks it?s a 20 20 game? lets hope CR AI plays the game practically and we would get a feeling of real cricket. :sarcasm

Right on. No need to bite off more than they can chew - just get the AI gameplay and multiplayer aspects right. Test matches will come if this succeeds.

release a demo ! no way im buying it to find out it wont run on my PC. This game is basically catering to people who cannot run AC09 on their PC, You would think they would release a demo.

I suppose you'd need a friend who has already purchased the game through Steam. Ask them to log on to Steam on your laptop and see if CR runs. Doesn't sound like that much of a hassle - you just need the right friend.

The batting for my liking seems like it will be too easy, overly fast outfields etc as all games really.

My worry is two weeks till launch and still no price tag on the game, seriously never seen this before ...

I suppose you'd need a friend who has already purchased the game through Steam. Ask them to log on to Steam on your laptop and see if CR runs. Doesn't sound like that much of a hassle - you just need the right friend.

The thought never even crossed my mind! Woo hoo I can now see if it will run on my craptop!

cheers!

no test cricket just got a confirmation from them... bit sad..

I wonder if they felt that they just wanted to get the AI and the multiplayer right first, using one-day cricket. There still a lot of substance to this game. If this project works, I can't see why they wouldn't significantly add to its appeal by including Test matches.

Perhaps test match cricket can be purchased in 6-12 months time as an expansion pack!

That would work for me. :)

I wouldn't mind so much if there were offline ODI tournaments, but from what I can see, all there is offline is ODI exhibition matches. No series, no tournaments. It sounds like a great game, but it really needs more offline modes - it's not a good idea to alienate the offline market.

I wouldn't mind so much if there were offline ODI tournaments, but from what I can see, all there is offline is ODI exhibition matches. No series, no tournaments. It sounds like a great game, but it really needs more offline modes - it's not a good idea to alienate the offline market.

Especially if the game turns out to have easy exploits and a bad quitting system.

No series or tournaments is a real dampener.

Users who are viewing this thread