M Johnson the right choice?

I dont really like Johnson. He never really looks terrifying to face, his action is awkward and Hilfenhaus has a better FC record. I'd have gone for Hilfenhaus personally.

Hilfenhaus should've been played solely on his 2006/07 season...the guy dominated the best domestic comp in the world in both forms. I think we might regret playing Johnson ahead of him, but not as much as we will regret playing Magilla.

They are taking a punt with Mitchell Johnson.

He has been in good form recently in the one day game but even during that series against India, he still had his really erratic moments

I hope that he does well because he would be a valuable weapon to have.

Any bowler who can bowl at 150kn/h and get the sort of swing that he does, could do big things. he just needs a little more control

Johnson doesn't sound like very good bowler either in his interviews. The way he describes everything gives you the feeling that he doesn't really have a gameplan of sorts. He sounds very basic.

Where has Bracken gone? I think he should at least have been in consideration. There was only this talk about Johnson and Hilfenhaus. Bracken is already more experienced and has performed well consistently in ODI's. I say you should give him another shot. I don't really see the big deal about Johnson. Just because he's a left armer, bowls quick and gets a little bit of movement, I still think there are better people available for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread