Maddy Joins "Rebel Indian League"

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
England batsman Darren Maddy has signed for the rebel Indian Cricket League, its chairman Kapil Dev has announced.

The 33-year-old played in the World Twenty20 for England after a seven-year absence from the international scene.

But he joins New Zealanders Chris Cairns, Nathan Astle, Chris Harris and Hamish Marshall among 18 new signings.

Read the rest here

Seems any chance of Maddy making a full odi comeback has been ended. He didnt have much of a chance before but even less so now. Cant see him turning out for England again.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although there is already a thread for the ICL, keep this thread just for discussion of Maddy and other English players who may have been approached by the ICL (Geraint Jones is one, but he turned it down).

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
He was never going to make a full time come back to the main one day team, so he's taken the sensible option and used his increased profile from playing in the recent Twenty20 championship to strike a pay day.

He's over 30 and coming to the autumn of his career, I know I'd do the same in the circumstances.

irottev

School Cricketer
I hate this rebel league, they're trying to poach McMillan now.

After the latest signees it seems they may have a chance at going ahead.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
It is going to be fun to watch them play though :).
I'm especially excited to see Lara back in action. Next year when I go to India, i'll be watching em play :)

Users who are viewing this thread