Making Batting Easier

TYRANT

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
IS there anyway possible to make batting easier, any patches or anything its to difficult even when its on easy. Even for bowling aswell.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Peace Out.

TYRANT said:
IS there anyway possible to make batting easier, any patches or anything its to difficult even when its on easy. Even for bowling aswell.

Peace Out.
How would this work?..

TYRANT said:

Peace Out.

Go here and download the 'Mad Hitter' AI patch for batting.

Go here and download the 'Mad Bowler' patch for bowling.

Both these patches make batting and bowling alot easier. You should find that this is exactly what you are looking for. Happy Gaming. :onpc

Last edited:
I agree with tyrant. I have had the game since July, I play it almost daily. I still cant score 100 in 1 day cricket. Also, none of the patches seem to make the blindest bit of difference. I have just downloaded the ones from the link on this thread but that hasnt made a difference either.

just keep practising dude. not in the nets tho. theyre lousy. and play tests, then u wont feel under pressure to score a run a ball hundred. or score at a run a ball at all

Tyrant you need to practice. Go to play game and be Australia against USA in a 5 day game. If USA bat first autoplay and they will get around 30 - 50 runs ! So set this as your target and you will have 5 days to reach it.
This helped me become a professional at batting :)

there is a new patch launched to make batting easier. Try it. it is the spinners begginers game patch. get it from here

Serious gamers.... it is ridiculous to use Patches like Mad Hitter, it defeats the purpose of the game.... it is not about hitting sixes, but about timing the ball and finding the gaps with an occasional hit to the boundary... with these patches even a defensive shot flies off to the boundary.... ridiculous !!!

No offense meant to the guys who wrote Mad Hitter... you did a great job... but in search of drama you lost out on realism... which is quite uncomfortable for me... Don't take it personally !!!

mocha

I know what you mean and I have never used patches to make it easier in the past but I have practiced contantly since buying this game in July and am still struggling on Medium level.

Everytime I hit the cover/straight/on drive it goes straight to a fielder. The cut shot either fails to connect or goes in the air to gully. The pull/hook always ends in the hands of long leg and anytoime I dare to use the power boost I get caught too. This includes test matches.

The key to play this game is "Patience", don't get carried away after connecting a few balls and go for big shots... take your time... Beleive me even if you eat up a few deliveries you can easily make up by hitting sixes later on... get some confidence... play different shots... don't keep on playing same stuff... look for gaps... and MOST important time your shots well... it's all how you time it...

And take the comments in the nets with a pinch of salt... it says "Good Shot !!!" to most ridiculous ones...

I am sure with a little bit of 'actual' cricket knowledge you will be able to play it properly...

mocha

mocha123 said:
The key to play this game is "Patience", don't get carried away after connecting a few balls and go for big shots... take your time... Beleive me even if you eat up a few deliveries you can easily make up by hitting sixes later on... get some confidence... play different shots... don't keep on playing same stuff... look for gaps... and MOST important time your shots well... it's all how you time it...

And take the comments in the nets with a pinch of salt... it says "Good Shot !!!" to most ridiculous ones...

I am sure with a little bit of 'actual' cricket knowledge you will be able to play it properly...

mocha

I love those net comments! My best was when I decided to attempt a square cut, and chopped the ball onto the stumps, only to hear an emphatic - Good Shot! ... Damn that's funny.

Back on topic. I find the best way, without any patches mind you, is to play very and I mean very cautiously. Play a test match - no pressure, and bat like the English used to. Only play the half volley on off stump, and play it slightly late (err on the side of caution), or the leg-glance. Everything else - defend. Until the confidence is at half way. Then start with the on-drive, straight drive, and very occasionally a late cut. Don't hook, or pull, or play off the back foot until the confidence meter reaches almost 3/4's - and even then I hardly ever try a hook shot. Back foot leg glance is just as dangerous to the wrong field; and that six hit - is just damn dangerous every time. Play a few matches like that, and then start with the attempted big hits.

As cheesy as it sounds - time in the middle is the only way to get in. The nets are a good tool for learning the shot combinations - but not for perfecting the game.

Not that I'm an expert - but that's way I'm getting there.

if u find wot Paelleon, and want 2 play big shots, just have a good team, like the world test X1 and play the USA and autoplay for a while (50 overs). U will then get a player with good confidence and u can try playing big shots (may i reccomend the lofted on drive as an easy 6-hit shot).

Since I last posted on this topic, I have found why I suck at the game. I installed Cricket 2005 on a PC instead of a laptop. It is much easier. It seems to have something to do with the timings on kbd. It's inconsistant on the laptop that I had but having played it on a borrowed PC, even against Aus I could really time the ball well and play some shots that as not possible on the laptop.

Hi
u can use a few tips
# well with time u will learn everything and then even find everything easier..it is just getting used to..but still at this stage

#Play say 20 over match on hard or dusty pitch in india or othersubcontinenet...don't choose green or wet pitches..they make life hard for everybody,,

#initiallly dont use power button at all..
# first move ur batsman with left or right arrow keys to make it close to the pitch of ball
#then try to play on front foot..atleast intially by pressing the direction keys and and S key at same time..dont use power intially as i told
#if u know basic ok cricket then try to play on left or right side accoding to the ball if that is pitced either on left or right side of stamps..if straight ..play straight..
#initally the balls that are coming straight just defend it and the balls that are pitched outside the stamps u can try playing shots to it..still intially without power..though initially u woint be timming good so shots will be fielded and will be slow..but as u get goood timing they will be piricing the field and u will be able to get runs..
# once u get some cionfidence than u can start using power button
# Generally for straight or cut shots ( that use single arrow key) u play them a bit late,,,somehwere when the ball is just about to touch the pitch..
#the shots that use two arrow keys like cover drives u play a bit early,,when the ball is releasaed and just before it touches the pitch..
# still all it depends on how fast the ball is coming ..and u just learn it with time only
#rather one way of learning bowling and bating is watch the cpu..how it balls..i mean where it pitches the ball and what variationof speed it produces along with swing..
# and when cpu is batting watch at what stage the batsman and bat start moving according to ur ball..if u see carefully u can make out at what stage of ball reaching the baatsman it will offer shot to the ball..u can try same,,,
#Rest Madhitter make game easy rather after sometime u will fell it is not fun as it is not the way game should go...and Tutsi AI 2.0 patch is best to enjoy batting...it has everything a bit more reasonable..
Hope it helps

forget to tell..keep the seeting of ur game on EASY....Not Medium as it is becomes quite harderthere even with patches like maddhitter

kush said:
there is a new patch launched to make batting easier. Try it. it is the spinners begginers game patch. get it from here

Yes, this is exactly why made my beginners patch for c2k5. It helps players in difficulty (and there are lots!) get into the game!

Please feel free to try "The Spin's Beginners Gameplay Patch v1" and leave feedback. The AI editing I did should help you into the game!

The Spin's Beginners Gameplay Patch v1

or try my other downloads

The Spins Downloads Thread

Free advertising, what would I do without it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread