Market Gone Crazy!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll definately say so! Conelly is worth not more than 50K (I got stuck in a bidding war while buying him, hence spending 60K), and is now selling for 160K!!!

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
i think it may (might not, just speculating reall) have something to do with the new YA, i for one (and i no there are a few others on sledging) am saving up 100 its to invest max ITS at the start of next season, if lots of people are doing that good YP sort of become rarer as the season goes on, so people are willing to spend more

zainawan89

International Cricketer
It is a gamble now to buy 17yos at this time of the season. At the moment they r a little cheap as expected at the start of season but will lose one year of training on the other hand due to good supply there might be more respectable YPs than required than of course price will get lower. I am going for the first option.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well, now all those who bought the cheap 17 YOs have two more weeks to train them. This could have real long time effects. Players stay younger for longer, can get trained better. A 17 YO YP with 2 nets would pop 4 times in 2 seasons, now it will be closer to 5. Will have real long time effects...

sid_19840

International Coach
I agree that the market is in inflation,mainly for the past couple of weeks.Im surprised that I bought Tomlinson only about a month and a half back for 30k and now he's selling for more than 270K,thats almost a ten times profit.I think 17yo's will be even more expensive come the start of next season when the age values are set.

madforcricket

School Cricketer
k noone can explain this:
2. Anton Jannie ?120,000 (great11)
Plays for: great11 Stamina: worthless W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 21 years old Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
BT Rating: 1,489 Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal
Deadline: 23/08/2006 14:18 Fielding: worthless

embi

International Coach
Could be interesting now FC games are cancelled. Many teams will sell all the extra players they bought, creating an influx of backup players with high stamina. This could deflate the market abit hopefully.
People probably won't want to buy the extra backup players because they have their own already, therefore prices will get lower as people try to get rid of them.

I'm only going to sell a couple dirtcheap, theyre not worth much more anyways and I feel like keeping most for next season.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
i cant see why people would sell the players, theyt ar eonly back up players so the wages wont be too high , if you are rigth though i hope to pick up some bargains then

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Definately was a loss to me. I wanted 2 mill at the end of the season, dropped my goal to 1 mill for FC games, and now look what happens!

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
but the subsidy covers for gate receipts, i dont think all teams will be making 100k from a FC match (actually working it out, 50k a week, times 18 (weeks in the season now) 900k, 7 FC matches, 900 divided by 7 is 128.5isk, so how may people will make 128k a FC match?) so they are complaining about losing money, were some, possibly a lot of them, are getting more money now then from FC games

ok some people will be losing money, but if they didnt get the players (and others didnt) everyone would be clamouring for players in the 2-3 weeks before FC comes in, paying over the odds, by more than a season and a bits wages

people will complain about anything

Users who are viewing this thread