Match Report

Jace11

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Test level.. I have been finding it impossible but had a stab at a full 50 over competition on Test difficulty in the Champions Trophy.

Am I the only person that finds test level hard? Even as Australia I have trouble. I played an ICC CT2004 tournement as them. Hammered USA in the first match and got them all out for 12, then made that score for the loss of 1 wicket. New Zealand were next in our group, and they batted poorly and made 119 all out. I got there for the loss of 5 wickets. Several players got in and made a few quick runs. We started really well going at 8 runs an over, but things slowed down when Cairns and Vittori started blowing. But we won and met Sri Lanka in the semi-final.

A real hum-dinger. Got them all out for 52 runs. I thought this total would be easy as my batmen performed ok in the last two games. But it was a nightmare. Wickets falling all around and even a paltry 53 runs seemed unreachable at times. At the end I had Watson and Lee at the crease with Murali just coming on to bowl. He bowled two maidens (very dangerous) while we had to score off Oram at the other end.

We meet India in the final, but I haven't played it yet.

As a rule, the timings of shots on test level are so much harder for me, and the opposition bowlers seem to bowl variety and slower balls with good effectiveness. My dismissals usually come in a number of distint ways. Firstly when a new batsmen comes to the crease, I often play a drive too soon without playing myself in and this often results in a caught and bowled or a catch behind.

The other problem is new bowlers. On the whole I prefer facing fast medium or medium fast bowlers. When a very fast bowler comes on I have problems with shot timings, defense, everything.... And when a medium pace bowler comes on I often can't adjust to the slow pace quickly. I can easily get caught LBW cause I simply cant time a slow bowler early on.. (its like the ball loops in the air for longer and so consequently, I have longer to play the shot..i.e more time in which to mis time my shot!!!).

Spin bowlers I hate too, I sometimes I run stupid singles and get run out.

Anyway, who said batting was easy? Fielding and bowling out a side I can do ok.

Just my thought, what do you guiys think. Can you make good totals on TEST difficulty..? If so, how???

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Mate looking at these scorcards really concern me. Please can you tell me if bowling is too easy on TEST difficulty.

Well, I don't always do that well. Difficult to say. I think these were just good performances by a decent bowling attack, I have conceeded lots of runs in other ODI games. When you bowl against good batsmen who are in, they will start slogging, you move men out, they start running singles...

I will play the final and see how I get on.

[UPDATE]

The Final!! Really enjoyed it actually, a fantastic match..

Well India won the toss and batted. Tendulkar fell on his third ball, and I thought maybe I would roll them over. But no, several of their batsmen got in and made runs. Ganguly, Laxman (scored very quickly) and Dravid did the damage..

Australia got off to a bad start losing Gilchrist in the first over for 0!!! More wickets tumbled quickly, including a stupid "run out" till Martyn got in and started to play well with Clarke... He made his fifty in 34 balls!

As you can see from hawkeye, most runs were made on the drive, as this was before fielding restrictions were lifted and there were fielders square on both sides of the wicket and scoring in these areas was impossible, even dangerous.

Eventually he was given out LBW to Kumble (soon after the spinner came on! - surprise!). It was a rough decision if you ask me...!

In the end we fell way short. Brett Lee came in and pounded a few sixes around the ground, and for a while I wondered if he might stick around! Gillespie was out to an amazing diving catch at short leg (never seen that before!).

When I bat, I really need to get more players off the mark and scoring. Once in they seem to do well... If I could get a few player scored 50 60 etc I could make some total to be proud of..

Anyway practice will help..

Last edited:
hey Jace 11 ,
I read your thread and looked at the pics , it looks great and I am getting very excited now. I have ordered my BLIC and would get it in 1 week but before that I would like to see some pics of Indian players (not from tendulkar,harbhajan and srinath) so can you post pics of them?? I cant wait one more week to see these players so please post this pics
Thanks and cheers

i find test level to easy to bowl cause they seam to block alot well all the time so in 50 overs they get about 75-100 thats me ebing new zealand against australia and i get that with maybe 1 or 2 wickets down in about 15 overs.

i have only played test level and have yet to lost a odi, tests on the other hand are difficult

try batting against pakistan in a series! the opening bowlers are just toooo fast and i can never time the ball when aktar and sami bowl 4rm 95-101 mph! i ended up drawing the tests and just starting the ODI's. man they are just too dificult to play against, my first innings against them i was all out for 79! and they enforced the follow on!! :(

Yup, Akhtar is pretty fast isn't he. Just getting bat on ball is a trial for me...

madness, however, with practise I think it can be done, its the slower balls that then kill you..

yes, cos with his quick ones you need to play it as soon as it leaves the hand, his (many) slower balls make you look very stupid....

But he does also in test match at least, force you to block anything straight and pitched up, if you see off his spell without the loss of a wicket they take him out quite quickly. I also find it funny that within a few overs of Sami and Akhtar, Sami suddenly seems rather pedestrian and hittable :)

^^^ thats how he is in real life.. and yeahh.. shoaib is certainly hard to face.. jus block and defend his overs and attack sami !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread