Match Saving/Winning Performance

Kamran Akmal at the SCG earlier this year for his match-winning efforts (from the Australian point of view).:yes

^I can't believe how similarly we think Aditya :eek:. I came here to post exactly the same thing :D

One I'd like to mention was Dale Steyn: with the bat. JP Duminy got all the credit for the partnership they shared in Melbourne 08/09, but it really Steyn and his invaluable 74 who did all the heavy lifting in that partnership - and prior to him Morne Morkel and Harris. In fact Duminy's century was one of the easiest I've ever seen because when he was only about 10 Boucher got out and Duminy was barely attacked for the rest of his innings as Australia focused on the tail. So Duminy was knocking singles out to deep point and letting Steyn face Mitch Johnson. I think JP only hit a handful of boundaries before he reaced 100, he basically milked a century - ODI style. It wasn't until he was past 100 that Duminy decided to start being more aggressive and by then the Aussie attack was gassed since they were a bowler or 2 down after Brett Lee had broken his foot and Andrew Symonds had played with a dodgy knee.

Ones that I can remember of the top of my head is Chris Gayles 197 against New Zealand at Napier and 165* vs Australia at Adelaide, these would be match saving.

Jerome Taylor 5/11 against England at Kingston and in the same match Sulieman Benn took 8/108 and he doesn't get that much credit because of Taylors great spell.

Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman at Kolkata in 2001 against Australia. Absolutely epic.:hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread