Memories from the first match you witnessed inside a stadium

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India Vs Australia test match at chepauk during which year I don't remember, maybe 03-04 day 5 where the match was drawn due to rain

Yeah remember that. 2004 where Yuvraj opened the innings. India needed around 200, and then................:facepalm
My first match I don't remember too much of

Has to be the 1999/00 tour to Australia.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The first match I saw in a stadium (if you can call it that) was Northants v Scotland in the National League when Mike Hussey and Rahul Dravid both hit tons. Hussey hit his first though, and therefore became my hero.

The first international was That Match between Australia and Bangladesh in Cardiff in '05. My dad took me along on a whim because Hussey was playing, and he thought we'd be back home early because the 'Deshis would get rolled. A good plan that one...

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I still remember watching that match on TV. Can't blame your dad though - Ashraful just had one of his bad days.. He's very consistent in playing terrible you know.

I remember that match took place only some days after Ponting mentioned in the press that teams like Bangladesh should not play Test cricket. (?)

ved_

International Coach
I remember my first one, I've got no pics though. It was an India vs Australia match back in 2007 at the Wankhede. I had left school early pretending to be sick(don't ask me, my mother's idea):D. All I want to say is, watching Sachin Tendulkar just 10 feet away from you will always be worth any price. We had to leave early, there was some traffic starting to accumulate around the stadium. xD

Users who are viewing this thread