Metallica World Magnetic 2010 Tour

Abhas

Retired Administrator
For all the Metal fans in Australia, Metallica has scheduled a few shows in November, but due to excessive demand, and the tickets getting sold out within one hour, there is a prequel to the event.

Melbourne: 15th Sept
Sydney: 18th Sept
http://www.metallica.com/page.asp?id=13367

Tickets go on sale on 25th June, 9 am, and there is a pre-sale for VISA customers, starting tomorrow, 21 June, noon. http://premier.ticketek.com.au/

I missed out on the tickets for the November show, but really hoping I can get it tomorrow.

Any of you guys interested in Metallica?

Sydney's gonna Rock. Metal's on, and Metallica's in :D

Last edited:
Damn you why do you guys get an extra concert :crying

Metallica announced an extra show in Christchurch on Wednesday 22 September. I live in Auckland but am quite tempted to go. Not sure how much the tickets will cost, but I have accommodation sorted because I have friends who go to uni there. Plane tickets aren't too expensive, and I have no lectures on Thursdays so I could stay an extra day and hang with them. Need to make my mind up before the 12th when the tickets come on presale...

I got the tickets to the show on 18th Sept! :D
It cost something like A$160, but I'm sure it would be worth every cent :)

A word of advise.. buy the ticket as soon as the pre-sale starts.. I was 1/2 hour late, and couldn't manage to get the standing tickets. I'm in the Gold stands.

I got the tickets to the show on 18th Sept! :D
It cost something like A$160, but I'm sure it would be worth every cent :)

A word of advise.. buy the ticket as soon as the pre-sale starts.. I was 1/2 hour late, and couldn't manage to get the standing tickets. I'm in the Gold stands.

In A$ it'll probably cost me somewhere in the region of $250 to fly down and go to the concert. It's quite a hard decision.... especially as i don't have a job

Yea that's what I'm thinking. I've got a few other friends who may be interested in going down so I'll discuss it with them probs. My friends in Christchurch will have lectures to go to too though so hmmm.

Oh and apparently it's not going to be the full Death Magnetic World Tour experience because of the size of the place. So hopefully it's cheaper....

I'm going to the one in Auckland - strewth tickets were quick to sell though, I was damn lucky to get one!
Looking forward to it so much! I think I'll be let down though because I imagine they'll play their more recent stuff. I liked Death Magnetic but St Anger, Reload (minus the Unforgiven II) and the majority of Load was average.
As it's one of their last concerts though, hopefully they'll play some of their old stuff too.

Gutted that it's at the Vector Arena, though. I went to the Who at North Harbour Stadium and it was mind blowing, Mount Smart and Western Springs are good too, but the Vector's just poor.

Last edited:
I'm going to the one in Auckland - strewth tickets were quick to sell though, I was damn lucky to get one!
Looking forward to it so much! I think I'll be let down though because I imagine they'll play their more recent stuff. I liked Death Magnetic but St Anger, Reload (minus the Unforgiven II) and the majority of Load was average.
As it's one of their last concerts though, hopefully they'll play some of their old stuff too.

Gutted that it's at the Vector Arena, though. I went to the Who at North Harbour Stadium and it was mind blowing, Mount Smart and Western Springs are good too, but the Vector's just poor.

so jealous of you :p

I think on most of the previous dates they've played most of the songs from Death Magnetic, as well as their staples from the previous albums. I think it's at vector because of the tour and the stuff they do.

^ That would be good then. Unlike most of my mates, I quite liked Death Magnetic. (Although the name's pretty lame).
It's kinda strange - you live in Auckland and might go to the one in Christchurch, but by then I'll be living in Christchurch and going to Auckland! ??

Well I missed out on tickets to the Auckland one... :crying

Users who are viewing this thread