Michael Clarke

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do you rate Clarke for upcoming T20 WC and next ODI WC.Do he will be able to continue Australian sucess comment Please!!!

Michael Clarke is a great player, and I think he will continue to be a world class player for many years. But he isn't the person who will continue Australia's success in the upcoming world cups (that's if they do continue their success). Their captain, Ricky Ponting is.

great comment but Clarke also have typical Australian captain touch

Ponting will still be captaining the side at 2011 world cup. So we have to wait until 2015 World Cup to decide if Clarke can be successful as a captain.

I wouldn't bet 100% on that.

we all know the aussies don't tolerate failure too long. it's an ashes year, a further dismal run of form from ricky could well see him resign the captaincy.

Ponting is still a better captain than Clarke though. I'm sure he can last until the next world cup easily and Clarke take the reins after that.

their is nothing confirms in cricket

Clarke is nowhere near Ponting as a captain or a player. He at best can be a good test player, averaging around 50 when he retires. His ODI batting and T20 batting, at the beginning was pretty good, has now gone down the drains. Yes, I know he had a good series in Dubai recently, but considering how flat those pitches were, and how slow the runs were scored, and how mediocre the opposition was, I would not buy it till he continues to impress in ODIs for his 2 year lack of runs.

I wish Australian selectors instead concentrated on some other guy, perhaps Mitchell Johnson, who can lead by example, as the next captain. Clarke has been experimented with, allowed tonloads of liberty, coached from kindergartens to be the next captain, but has hardly shown the requisite promise.

Clarke is nowhere near Ponting as a captain or a player. He at best can be a good test player, averaging around 50 when he retires. His ODI batting and T20 batting, at the beginning was pretty good, has now gone down the drains. Yes, I know he had a good series in Dubai recently, but considering how flat those pitches were, and how slow the runs were scored, and how mediocre the opposition was, I would not buy it till he continues to impress in ODIs for his 2 year lack of runs.

I wish Australian selectors instead concentrated on some other guy, perhaps Mitchell Johnson, who can lead by example, as the next captain. Clarke has been experimented with, allowed tonloads of liberty, coached from kindergartens to be the next captain, but has hardly shown the requisite promise.

???? choosing mitchell johnson as captain would be a huge mistake not because mitchel johnson isnt capable of it but you shouldnt make any fast bowler a captain they have enough to think about as it is as andrew flintoff and england found out in 2007 michael clarke isnt as good as ponting i agree but hes the 2nd best to him and to expect australia to be able 2 just move from ponting with a player as good as ponting is a bit crazy because ponting 2 years ago was the best player in the world and right now he still isnt far from it

Afcaus he will be surely back player like him can take any team up he was not in good form in world cup 2009 but he is one of the greatest player which can play through situations and is vice captain of australia it will be nice to see him in champion trophy as australia has really good one day team as they played good in past days so it will be more good for michael clarke to play freely and you want to guess in which place he will come opener or middle order i think in middle order he will play much good cricket rather then opening as he can play through situations better then freely he will be back in form surely;)

Suggessting Clarke hasn't shown he can be a captain is ridiculous. H

IMO, you should have one captain for all 3 forms. But with Clarke, if he is captain (which I am not sure he should be) he should not. He should not be in the Twenty20 side, heck, he shouldn't even be close to it.

But he's a better twenty20 captain then any other form. When Ponting retires you might be forced to play him in there because he has such a great cricket brain. He's a thinker and a good twenty20 captain. A great one in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread