Microsoft Sidewinder USB Problem

Who Is The BEST Captan In Test

• Total voters

tom_drayson

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, first of all I play Cricket 2004 with a Microsoft Sidewinder USB controller, because I am unable to play TWO-direction-button shots with my keyboard. Eg. cover drive, hook - down and right, up and left respectively, along with a shot type button - my computer beeps and no shot is played whatsoever. (ONE-direction button shots work fine eg. straight drive).

However, it seems that front foot and back foot shots are randomised when using my controller!! And yes I have calibrated it and yes I have checked the controls in-game and yes I have the latest drivers for my controller, but using the same shot-type button will sometimes play a front foot shot, and sometimes a back foor shot.

This therefore renders the game useless as I cannot play a lot of shots with the keyboard, and random front/back foot shots can be very problematic, eg I sometimes get bowled because a back foot shot is played when I press the front foot shot button, short ball are rarely punished because of trying to sweep instead of pulling etc etc.

Does anyone else experience these two?? I think the Microsoft Sidewinder controller is quite common out there... as for the keyboard problem it happens with various pcs and laptops I have played on, and not just with cricket 2004, it seems a common problem!

Attachments

• James_Anderson.jpg
    James_Anderson.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0

deadduck

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which is a ridiculous feature because it makes easy more difficult than medium, you think you're going to hit a six off the front foot, suddenly it's off the back and is spooned straight to the fielder. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread