Middle order batting

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm Australia at the moment and i'm at the end of 2008. Just about to start tri series with Windies and Pakistan. I have perfected my top order batting with Hayden and Hussey opening, godly batting and then Jacques at no 3. He plays aswell as he does opening :D. But when it comes to my middle order batting it's atrocious. I've tried tons of players in the middle but they all fail. L Ronchi is awesome at no. 6 (he's my wicky as Gilly is doing awful at the moment). Ponting does really badly for a few games then gets a huge score the next so he's really inconsistent. Clarke is on really bad form. Dave Hussey has just got less than 10 every game. Can anyone help me. I need a good middle order

Try and move them around until you find a position for a player where they are consistent, or if you can't find one do what Ralphy said. Youth is the way forward in this game, with loads of sweet regens coming through.

yeah i've been swapping their positions around alot and it doesn't seem to be working. Hussey can play well anywhere though but plays best as an opener

Maybe move Jaques into the middle order and promote either Ponting or Clarke to first drop?

I used Voges at 4 he performed for me with a avg. of around 70 for his first 10 tests. Give him ago

My Order goes

3.Ponting
4.Langer
5.Watson
6.D.Hussey
7.Pomersbach

Waiting in the wings are
Cowan
Philipson
Clarke
Birt

Australia are flying in my game at the moment and their top/middle order is normally:

1.Hussey(Average 35.33 in TEST)
2.Hayden(Average 101.80 in TEST)
3.Ponting(Average 103.75 in TEST)
4.Jaques(Average 48.80 in TEST)
5.Langer(Average 55.80 in TEST)
6.Hodge(Average 47.00 in TEST)
7.Gilchrist(Average 32.67 in TEST)

Users who are viewing this thread