Mitchell Marsh - Not ready for international cricket

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now that was interesting. They had a proper plan to Marsh when Lee was on you could see that clearly and Lee bowled beautifully. No-one could latch on to him properly. I thought he forgotten his yorkers - he's really in love with the ***ing long hop these days - but he was zinging them in. I thought it was excellent bowling by an experienced bowler to a green young 'un. I've seen Lee do this in domestic T20 a lot. He was amazing in the first Champion's League series. Had an economy rate of like 6 or so? When he's on, he's really on.

I'm not even sure Marsh has batted for WA in T20 more than once before this season. And he hasn't batted much n the IPL, maybe 5 times? He'll learn. I think CA sees a lot of raw talent, that's why he has been elevated so soon but I'd rather he just played Shield for now.

I hope Christian will be given chances in the Aus team to prove whether he's got what it takes at top level. He's been a bit stitched up selectorially.

I'm a Warriors fan in case it's not totally obvious and OSOS and NCN are about all we have coming up through the ranks. Lean times out West.

who is OSOS?

We have a lot coming out of WA to help the national team. Coulter-Nile and Mitch Marsh for starters, you still cant right of Shaun Marsh, he has a lot to offer in limited overs cricket. Liam Davis has potential and Beer isn't out of contention for sub continent tours.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
who is OSOS?

We have a lot coming out of WA to help the national team. Coulter-Nile and Mitch Marsh for starters, you still cant right of Shaun Marsh, he has a lot to offer in limited overs cricket. Liam Davis has potential and Beer isn't out of contention for sub continent tours.

OSOS is other son of swampy.

The fact that Mitch Marsh has been sent back to Shield while actually being named in the ODI team is very weird and makes me nervous that he's a smoky for the WI tour. ????, I hope not. he's nowhere near test quality.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If Watson is fit there isn't much need for Mitch Marsh in the side anyway. But I agree his batting is way off the pace in the longer format, he has all the attributes to be a good one but then so does Henriques and we know where he is at.

War

Chairman of Selectors
If Watson is fit there isn't much need for Mitch Marsh in the side anyway. But I agree his batting is way off the pace in the longer format, he has all the attributes to be a good one but then so does Henriques and we know where he is at.

I never thought Henriques ever had test quality attributes in him to be fair though. Ever since I first saw him when he captain AUS Under-19, he looked more of a limited overs slogger.

Marsh though to me reminds me of a young Shane Watson circa 2001/02 in which like a young Watson then, i see a potential test all-rounder down the line in M Marsh.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He has a very good technique and can play all the shots so for me he has the attributes. His problem has always been a temperament issue.

dajesmac

Club Captain
I wouldn't say he's not ready for international cricket. While I certainly agree he's not quite yet in the best XI of any format internationally, he can certainly hold his own when he gets a taste every now and then.

For me, his batting will be his selling point. His technique is far more sound than his brother's and he's showing maturity these days, which was particularly evident during the two Big Bash League finals. He can hit the cover off it, but doesn't try to every ball. He knows how to build an innings from what I've seen and he certainly doesn't through his wicket away.

His bowling is alright though he has a very awkward run-up. His actual technique is sound also, though he IMO will never be a strike bowler at international level. He is tidy and provides a solid 5th bowler option. His 2/25 off 17 against Qld yesterday is a very good return though. Currently 6* off 38. I like to see him batting at 3 or 4, his technique suits it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I realise his temperament was an issue previously, my point is that I think he has developed maturity and I think it'll show in his FC performances in the near future.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"He has a very good technique and can play all the shots so for me he has the attributes. His problem has always been a temperament issue."

you read my mind mate. However after the loss of form of his brother he seems to be able to cement a place for himself in the side

formula1man

International Cricketer
"He has a very good technique and can play all the shots so for me he has the attributes. His problem has always been a temperament issue."

you read my mind mate. However after the loss of form of his brother he seems to be able to cement a place for himself in the side

I'm not really sure where this Mitch is a better batsman then Shaun stuff came from, look at the stats.

Users who are viewing this thread