Moments of 2008

Tendulkar surpassing Lara
India win against Australia
SA win vs Australia
Ishant Sharma spell at Perth
Duminy and Steyn

Ball of the year I
Anything bowled by Ajantha Mendis, but if pushed, one ball stands out. First Test wickets, or runs, are remembered usually only by the player himself but Mendis' first in Tests will live on. It was the flicker, the carrom ball; pitched on middle, on a length, it left Rahul Dravid completely unsure of what to do, before zipping off, turning away and clipping the off bail. Set the tone for the series.

Cricinfo

keep in mind that we don't tolerate posting of whole articles - so post a snippet and we don't tolerate posting of an article without a URL source, so post a source.

Mac,see the rules.

1) Kumble finally retiring.
2) Pontings 99 in MCG.
3) Monkeygate :p

Ball of the year I
Anything bowled by Ajantha Mendis, but if pushed, one ball stands out. First Test wickets, or runs, are remembered usually only by the player himself but Mendis' first in Tests will live on. It was the flicker, the carrom ball; pitched on middle, on a length, it left Rahul Dravid completely unsure of what to do, before zipping off, turning away and clipping the off bail. Set the tone for the series.

Cricinfo

Yep, Mendis looked liked getting a wicket every ball

Ball of the the year for me was by Ishant Sharma at Mohali to Ponting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team:India

Batsman:Sachin Tendulkar

Bowler:Ishant Sharma

Match(TEST):India vs Australia(Mohali)
Match(ODI):India vs England(Rajkot)

Sachin Tendulkar, the best batsman of 2008?

Would have to be somone like Graeme Smith. Maybe Ian Bell?

Agrees. That man mixes runs with elegance and arrogance.

I have actually gained a heck of alot of respect for Graeme Smith this year. I used to dislike him but he's grown on me alot. The way he played in England was very good, he really played the responsible role when his team most needed him. Without his rearguard action in the 2nd Test that series would have been drawn. He's made South Africa a very difficult side to beat and probably the best in the world at the minute. Class player, getting better and better.

I always loved the guy, and that continues to do so. It was just capped off, in that Hauritz dismissal, the contrast from what he did to what the Aussies did. Great guy.

Nobody's mentioned this, but Xavier Marshall's 2 fifties against the Aussies was a great treat, especially the cover drives against Lee. Just personifies calypso!

Users who are viewing this thread