Mounting an ISO file.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If you have Windows 7 or later, you can right click on the ISO file and select "Mount Disc Image" (or something similar). Windows has built-in image mounting capabilities (for 7 and above)

If you have other versions of Windows, you can use the following free softwares to mount ISO files

Magic Disc - Mount ISO Files - Freeware MagicDisc Download
Daemon Tools Lite - Disk-Tools.com

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Can I open ISO files with 7 - Zip?

Yes. But with 7-zip, you will be extracting the files into a seperate folder and then playing from them and then you have to delete them (if you don't want to waste space). But with mounting softwares, its easy to just mount them and play them as if you have an extra DVD player in your PC. And mounting doesn't take up space on your HDD because its just mounting that ISO file and is browsing into them.

To each, his/her own.:yes

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
If you have Windows 7 or later, you can right click on the ISO file and select "Mount Disc Image" (or something similar). Windows has built-in image mounting capabilities (for 7 and above)

If you have other versions of Windows, you can use the following free softwares to mount ISO files

Magic Disc - Mount ISO Files - Freeware MagicDisc Download
Daemon Tools Lite - Disk-Tools.com
Are you sure about this? I think this feature came with Windows 8; I could not mount .iso files directly without using MagicDisc (and other such stuff) when I used Windows 7.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Are you sure about this? I think this feature came with Windows 8; I could not mount .iso files directly without using MagicDisc (and other such stuff) when I used Windows 7.

I think you're right. Apologies for the wrong info.

Users who are viewing this thread