Mozilla Firefox Seriously Retarded!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Okay I use Firefox it seems simple and stuff and it is but it has a few drawbacks first of all it seems to have its own head decides what mode to go into when it wants luckily this is not a big problem I got around it but now it has decided to find another way to irritate me, for some reason when I sit on the CPU around this time (6am UK time) it lets me go on for a few mins I close all the pages to do whatever, but when I want to go and browse a site it decides to say...

'Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must close the first existing Firefox process, or restart your system'.

Now you may say wtf restart your CPU, well I would if it was mine I use my dads CPU because it has net and a bigger screen and my nets not with me no more. So I cant restart it because my dad has a password on his account (hes a paranoide grouchy....so and so) he doesnt get CPU's much........well anyway Im not going into his paranoide theories, so I cant log back in and I cant use Firefox I have uninstalled and installed it again, I have held down 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' and it is not in the running processes section so there is not much I can do, my dad is either at work or sleep around 5:30 and his break is around 11 which is the time I am getting ready to go out or at 6th form (in todays case my dad is asleep and he wont come down just to log on).

I have also tried Opera which absoloutly sucks butt, it also has its own mind I hate the tabs I have set the tab option to open new window but it still opens up a tab which is really annoying and something about IE just annoys me?

So my question is does anyone know why i get this stupid error around the same time every morning?

Sorry if it is in the wrong forum, Thanks Mo!

I've faced that problem (along with like a million others) too. I have hence decided that Firefox is useless and have switched back to the less useless Internet Explorer 7.

What are you guys talking about?? I agree that Firefox is not that good, but really??
Consider it like Cricket 2007, yes it sucks but we don't have anything better do we?
Oh yea and about the problem , I seriously doubt that you could've reinstalled Firefox with it running in the background, must be a problem with the registry; I don't suppose you're still logged in or are you?:D

Nor have I. Firefox is brilliant and oh so much quicker than anything else on the market. If you're getting these problems then go to their help forums, they're good in there.

Never had this problem myself, and I suspect it's something with the rest of your computer settings, or perhaps a website you visit that seems to keep some element open.

So I didn't understand if you actually killed the process or not.

Punk Sk8r! said:
Okay I use Firefox it seems simple and stuff and it is but it has a few drawbacks first of all it seems to have its own head decides what mode to go into when it wants luckily this is not a big problem I got around it but now it has decided to find another way to irritate me, for some reason when I sit on the CPU around this time (6am UK time) it lets me go on for a few mins I close all the pages to do whatever, but when I want to go and browse a site it decides to say...

'Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must close the first existing Firefox process, or restart your system'.

Now you may say wtf restart your CPU, well I would if it was mine I use my dads CPU because it has net and a bigger screen and my nets not with me no more. So I cant restart it because my dad has a password on his account (hes a paranoide grouchy....so and so) he doesnt get CPU's much........well anyway Im not going into his paranoide theories, so I cant log back in and I cant use Firefox I have uninstalled and installed it again, I have held down 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' and it is not in the running processes section so there is not much I can do, my dad is either at work or sleep around 5:30 and his break is around 11 which is the time I am getting ready to go out or at 6th form (in todays case my dad is asleep and he wont come down just to log on).

I have also tried Opera which absoloutly sucks butt, it also has its own mind I hate the tabs I have set the tab option to open new window but it still opens up a tab which is really annoying and something about IE just annoys me?

So my question is does anyone know why i get this stupid error around the same time every morning?

Sorry if it is in the wrong forum, Thanks Mo!

Woah - I used to get this but an update to the new version seems to have sorted it out. Instead of restarting press ctrl + alt + del, go into processes and there should be 'firefox.exe' in the list. Click on it and end now and you'll be able to go into firefox again.

Hope this helps mate
:cool:

That list is.......looooooooooooooooooooooooong but I will look just incase, and I have FireFox 2 I think I just typed up Firefox Download in google and click on the most convenient one...is there any other sort of update?

Punk Sk8r! said:
That list is.......looooooooooooooooooooooooong but I will look just incase, and I have FireFox 2 I think I just typed up Firefox Download in google and click on the most convenient one...is there any other sort of update?

Firefox automatically tells you if it has a newer version - check that you've got the option on where it autochecks once a week.

Punk Sk8r! said:
Just click on the top one in the list so it is highlighted then press 'f' on your keyboard, and keep doing that until firefox.exe is selected then click end process

whitehornmatt said:
Just click on the top one in the list so it is highlighted then press 'f' on your keyboard, and keep doing that until firefox.exe is selected then click end process
Or you could just click on the "Image Name" heading and then it will all be sorted in order.

I've had that problem I think. Sometimes my firefox doesn't close properly so I just go to process and end it. Then I'm able to go back on.
The only problem I've had is the slow starting up time but I can live with losing 3s of my life for it.

I reckon Firefox is alright, occasional crashes should be persisted with considering the amount of safety and security it provides.

Yeah I think its the best its much more simple. It has not happened so far (well I just got up so I doubt it would) but if it does I'll try one of them remidies.

Users who are viewing this thread