Murli A Name Which Might Fade Soon ?

Do you think he will regain his form?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't he come out saying he wanted a 1000 wickets a few months ago? He's had dips of form before and let's face it, he's not that successful against India. His last five series' aren't that bad either, and would cut it for a front-line spinner on any other team in the world:

vs. New Zealand - 13 wickets @ 24.38
@ Pakistan - 1 wicket @ 195.00 (first match played on the road, series interrupted due to terrorist attack)
@ Bangladesh - 13 wickets @ 21.69
vs. India - 21 wickets @ 22.23
@ West Indies - 12 wickets @ 32.91

Murali's career average against India is only better than his career average against Australia. Same with his career average in India. His numbers are a bit down of late, but its nothing remarkable. He's had multiple bad patches during his career: 1994 (47.06), 1995 (35.96), 1997 (31.65), and 1999 (28.25). In fact, he's been due for a bad patch for a while, now!

Of course, if he decides to retire then it's his own decision. I still believe he'd make it to the first XI of any Test side in the world.

i know i am lucky that i saw him in action and cant tell youg kids about him after 30-40 years.... and he is a vary good person as well.... dont know will he make it to 800wick or not he was something very spacial

There's nothing left for Murali to achieve in cricket. He has bowled his team to victory in every major tournament. World Cup, Champions Trophy, Asia Cup..you name it. That's the problem I guess. When you grow old, and when you don't have anything more to achieve- it becomes quite difficult to motivate yourself. And continuing without any motivation is just not possible; your body simply surrenders, resulting in injuries and all sorts of stuff. Most probably the same thing is happening with Murali. Poor chap!

Yeah I'll be pretty proud to say I've seen Murali bowl at the MCG. But it'd be so much better if he went out now, instead of doing his great record a disservice by carrying on and getting flogged!

I think Murlis era is coming to end and i believe he should be retire with pride and honour .Otherwise as he was punished in india who knows he will have another nightmare

i think the name murli might fade faster than murali, because know one knows of the name murli.

I say get it over with, the spin department has new faces, you've done so so so much more than anyone could have expected of a spinner coming into the sri lanka side in 94, it must be tiring battling against the forces you've had to.

retire, let the tributes pour in, enjoy it man.

he'd obviously add a hatful more wickets if he wait for the windies but what's the point. no one is coming near that record for decades.

His time has come. I doubt if he has ever had a worse series than this before.

Probably he will get wickets against the visiting Windies and that would be it.

Yes i think his time has come. He is pretty ordinary in the ongoing series. But what i feel is that he will have one or two good series before retirement.

Watch him take a 10fer in this Test Match and see people saying he's back to his best. The guy's still a class act and the best spin bowler in the world; if his body's still up to bowling then I see no reason for him to retire. His name certainly won't fade either, he's established himself as a legend of the game and one of the greatest spin bowlers of all-time.

PHP:
This chap is gone no more fin watching him..

Oldage a big Age to overcome

Murali could still take 10 wickets considering there are potentially 19 more wickets to fall...

I haven't seen him bowl these few games, but from what I'm reading, he hasn't been all that dangerous.

I still say we give him some time.

Judgeing by his performance in the match so far, he is not taking 10 wickets, id bet the mortgage on that

I think Murali is getting incredibly close to hanging up his boots. You can see it in his face. He knows it.

Users who are viewing this thread