My thoughts on this game

Ace Leggy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think this game is the best Cricket Coach/Manager/Captain game,

I like the menu screens they are colourfull and easy to understand and navigate unlike ICC2005 which is dark, horrible looking and hard to understand.

Also you get to see player stats in this game which makes it so much easier to sign players, something I did not find but would be a good idea is when you are searching for a player you could input which stats you want how good you want them to be and filter out the players that aren't good enough.

the actual match I don't think you have as much control as in ICC 2005, so I would probably give a slight edge to ICC 2005 here, especially in bowling options.

One thing I found a problem is the Declare button, I think another small screen with "Are you sure you want to declare" would be helpfull especially on the choose next batsman screen, I pressed declare on that screen at 24/1 in my last game, I still got a draw out of the game so It didn't matter so much at the time but it was still annoying.

the amount of players availabe is great it's not just choose from 15 players ICC 2005 style.

I agree though it is too easy too click something you dont want to by mistake. Also I find you have to click the edge of the buttom to get a response instead of the middle but that just might be something to do with my display settings or something.

I agree with the declare button. I once accidently declared in my second innings for 0! Not very good :(

More thoughts:

On the Player stats page in competitions it would be good if your players would be highlighted in Yellow so you could clearly see how good your players are at a quick glance without having to always look at their county.

The Info box doesn't come up for me after the final wicket is taken, not a big problem but it would be better if it did show up.

Also can you actually coach players or train them, do players get any better or worse? or do their stats always stay the same?

Last edited:
Also

In the match summary screen Northamptonshire's name is so long that on the 4rth innings if they are given a target the "TARGET: 324" is written over the team name and it looks messed up.

The game has crashed twice now the first time I was looking at the Job/Coach Rating Screen and it crashed when I clicked continue and the second time I was on the main screen and crashed again when I clicked continue.

Are you playing with version 1.04?

Most of the crashes should have gone from that. If not, 1.05 will be out shortly!

Extremely annoying! I hope they add a window asking "Are you sure" in 1.05.

Lol, u clicked declare on 24/1, well beat this, i declared on 1/0 against yorkshire, they won by and Innings and 265 runs, i gave up top spot:(

I declared on 0 Simbazz!
Timewell do you know if there'll be a Are you sure window added in the next release?

ohhh, i didnt read about you, hehe u win the match??

Version 1.05 will available in the next day or so, possibly sooner (just testing it now).

Lots of issues fixed, definitely the best version by far.

Thankfully all the issues relating to the info boxes in the match view are sorted, so for example you do get to see the 10th wicket information box at the end of the game.

Plus some added bonuses, I have re-done the player form screen for example, this now shows the latest performances first and also shows the date.

Users who are viewing this thread