My very own review (Alls not well)

Originally posted by jonah
Thanks for that Ravi. I know it's early days, but man, that's disappointing. It makes me sick that a company can release another (sounds like) sub-standard game, and it's down to the likes of you and Zim to make it playable. You guys should get a cut of the profits!
Good luck with the editing; sounds like we're gonna need it...

KMK, I am using PC version and thank god for that.

Jonah, I suggest you wait for a couple of months or two before heading to buy this game. There are just the ODIs I have had a look at maybe there are quite a few bugs in the Test mode as well. Its such a shame really, the options are so many but the gameplay if sucks there is not much anyone can do really. The most dreadful has been the bowling changes again. I cannot beleive they still used the bowling changes as was in BLC which was carried over to Cricket 2002. Guys you wont like to see this but you got see this one. This has bee the pattern for bowling changes in both the games. I still stand to be corrected, others who have played this game can you guys let me know this is indeed the bowling changes you guys see.

Notice the following screen, reckon seen such bowling changes before. Indeed you have in BLC as well as Cricket 2002, the opening bowler would bowl 10 overs on the trot inspite of hot humid conditions. This game was played at Port of spain on a hot day and on a hard pitch. The spinners are turning the ball a mile and the CPU chooses to bowl its opening bowler for 10 overs in a row. Guess what the manual says the fast bowlers will tire after 6-8 overs but in the game they fire away every lovely ball even after 8 over spell.

Attachments

• nonstop overs for opening bowler.jpg
    nonstop overs for opening bowler.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
My 2 ODI bowling effort against the CPU

This is my second ODI bowling effort against the CPU on a hard pitch, now tell me why do you want me to say good things about this game. The CPU didnt last 20 overs in a world cup. This is a lovely joke really.

Also one another thing is that if you bowl a yorker the CPU tonks it around quite easily, fair enough. The amount of yorkers the CPU bowls inhard level is just staggering, yorkers again are the stock balls for CPU. The short ones are not too many and it does bowl one ocassionally which is not very easy to get away for runs which is fairly realistic. In an over you get at least 2 yorkers and even the spinners bowl yorkers at you. Either we can risk hitting it and letting the ball go through the gate or just dig it out and run a single while the WK will slide(not walk or sprint mind you) from behind the stump pick the ball up and throw to the bowler. Thats an easy single of a yorker, frustrating.

Attachments

• 2odi scores.jpg
    2odi scores.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 68
Ravi you are making me feel suicidal about this game now

There appears to be so many things left over from BLC

- default fields
- cpu bowling (ie continual yorkers) and bowling changes

Have can these things not be addressed in the 4 years of making subsequent games?

Do you think they (development studio) watch cricket games ?

Can anyone honestly say they have seen real life fields like those in EA's games or seen bowlers consistently bowl yorkers every over ?

It would appear the only thing evolving are the features. The rest has been at a standstill since BLC, and in some cases (rain) has indeed gone backwards (in BLC, rain was implemented great, c2k2 has no rain and c2k4 has continual rain) :confused:

Ravi... if you havent played a test match yet just wait till a fielder comes across the pitch as the bowler is about to bowl at you

Originally posted by zimrahil
Ravi you are making me feel suicidal about this game now

There appears to be so many things left over from BLC

- default fields
- cpu bowling (ie continual yorkers) and bowling changes

Have can these things not be addressed in the 4 years of making subsequent games?

Do you think they (development studio) watch cricket games ?

Can anyone honestly say they have seen real life fields like those in EA's games or seen bowlers consistently bowl yorkers every over ?

It would appear the only thing evolving are the features. The rest has been at a standstill since BLC, and in some cases (rain) has indeed gone backwards (in BLC, rain was implemented great, c2k2 has no rain and c2k4 has continual rain) :confused:

Add to your concern Zim, the presence of ability to sweep a yorker from a fast bowler; it will make you feel much worse. One solace is that the autoplay/generate inning is near perfect. We will probably have to give up bowling to get any value out of this game. Today I am going to post some positives of the game or where I think you guys can mod the game. I have heard some good reviews of Test cricket in this game and am yet to test it. Will do a review sometime later today after having a dash at test cricket.

The Hall of fame, English and OZ county are good additions. There were few positives in ODIs too, just to sum up :

1. The batsman leave balls pitched on good length even midway through the inning. Its just a shame there is no mix of defense and attack.

2. The batsman can play some good strokes but all this is negated as they simply lack patience. The first few batsman go all out to every now and then. Did I say I will mention the positives.

3. Camera angles in replay : ability to zoom in or zoom out on any of the several camera angles is a surprise addition. It doesnt make the game better but at times helps to admire few moments of the game.

4. Length balls at times are played down to 3rd man and a need for a 3rd man/deep backward point in the first 15 overs of the game is quite realistic.

5. Its just my feeling the CPU batting is either not based on the batting attributes or has been stuffed up and a little tweaking of the game will ensure it is. You know Zim as in all software its the values that matter, am damn sure the gameplay can be bettered in near future.

There are few more which I cannot remember for now but when I start playing again, those will find their way into this forum.

Later

Thanks for all that ravi - with any luck I am getting the game today but it seems I will be trying to edit it before I even start playing it properly :p

Basically need yourself/sam to crack the 1day50 configs etc so the cpu pacing is a lot better, which hopefully will be quite easy ?

Can anything be done about the bowler stamina situation too I wonder ?

Originally posted by zimrahil
Thanks for all that ravi - with any luck I am getting the game today but it seems I will be trying to edit it before I even start playing it properly :p

Basically need yourself/sam to crack the 1day50 configs etc so the cpu pacing is a lot better, which hopefully will be quite easy ?

Can anything be done about the bowler stamina situation too I wonder ?

Its just like the weather bug they had in the previous exe Zim, either they failed to initialize the variable (%s) or maybe they keyed in %s in place of %d. Unless Sam has any other idea I doubt if the stamina can be fixed by us.

I hope it can be fixed otherwise thats another crap "feature" of the game. It would be great if forced to make bowling changes due to tiredness - for both human and CPU

Users who are viewing this thread