Name Editing Thread

I have the xBox version of this game, and as someone said earlier, there is limited characters for the first name (6) and for the second (12).

Does anyone know if there anyway this can extended, and also if you can use symbols?

For example Brendon McCullum on mine is Brenon Mccullum... even the second C in his name wasn't a capital, although I put it as one.

And one of the O'Briens for Ireland, they're last name has to be Obrien, 'cause the makers were too lazy to allow us to use symbols and capitals for names such as these.

:(

Possibly all fixable on PC but not on console. I've managed to extend some player names to 8 characters. Haven't tried other symbols but don't see why they wouldn't work.

thats great news Colin......shall the names be editable in the next version of AC09 Player editor..?

Nope, I've still got the same problem where I don't understand how the file changes and where the extra bytes go when we increase string lengths,

I have the xBox version of this game, and as someone said earlier, there is limited characters for the first name (6) and for the second (12).

Does anyone know if there anyway this can extended, and also if you can use symbols?

For example Brendon McCullum on mine is Brenon Mccullum... even the second C in his name wasn't a capital, although I put it as one.

And one of the O'Briens for Ireland, they're last name has to be Obrien, 'cause the makers were too lazy to allow us to use symbols and capitals for names such as these.

:(

What I did for the first names is type in B. and then type in the full second name. This works well. I then abbriviated the Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi names.

yeah you can't fix the McCullum coming out like Mccullum.

It does the same when you try to name a custom team MCC. They come out as Mcc. On that subject, has anyone else noticed that if I name my custom side MCC (for example) why does the little score at the top of the screen say CEN (aka. centurions, as this is the kit they are wearing). Anyone got a way round this problem so that the custom team name is abbreviated to 3 letters? Same problem when I just tried Kent - on the scorecard it says Kent, just not on the 3 letter score on top left of the screen.

Cricketer Names List

Does anyone know of a website or list I can find with the names of all the internaional cricketers so I can edit the spellings on Ashes 2009?

I'd try and do it myself but my spelling is shocking, and I can't even work out who some of them are!!

If there is already a thread on this then I apologise!

There are already patch available for PC and PS3 version in Ashes Cricket 2009 Downloads Forum. What version are you playing?

Users who are viewing this thread