New Computer for graphic designing/3D CAD

I think he has to buy 8 of them, making all of them an i7 is surely going to burn a big hole in this pocket. :p

I think the i5's are just fine. Honestly, they're a bit low on cache, no turbo boost (I think), yet they are the derivatives of the same species.
Core i5 750 has Turbo-Boost but doesn't have Hyper-Threading :)

Oh right, I just remembered they have one feature missing... been kinda out of touch here and there. :facepalm

That makes it clearer. The lack of Hyper threading won't affect Abhas much, I haven't seen many software taking good advantage of 4 threads, let alone 8.

Even I think i7 won't be of much use to me. I'm not looking to overclock, my software is definitely not too processor intensive. I'm using it on C2D systems at the moment, and it seems to be running well.
For future-proofing needs, I'm looking to invest in the i-5. I'm quite happy with 750, but if I can get 860 at a good price, I'd love to jump onto that :)

Going with the i5/i7-860 isn't going to future proof your machine all that much. From what I understand, Intel isn't developing any chips for the LGA 1156 socket type so when it comes time to upgrade, you'll need to get a new mobo anyways. Hence, if you want to use this combo for a long enough time, you'll probably be better off with the i7-860 (which is like $20 more per processor than the i5-750) since it does have 8 threads and when the applications that can use it finally come out, you'll be better off.

Oh right, I just remembered they have one feature missing... been kinda out of touch here and there. :facepalm

That makes it clearer. The lack of Hyper threading won't affect Abhas much, I haven't seen many software taking good advantage of 4 threads, let alone 8.

Ya we can understand Valentines Day was too close :p

Anyway, Which PSU have you decided to take Abhas ? I was thinking about this: Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W for my system

Don't mind me getting this in your thread :p

My Rig:

Intel Core i5 750
Intel DP55WB Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3@1333MHz
Tagan TG-600-U37 / CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 650W
PowerColor AX5770 1GB/DDR5
CoolerMaster Gladiator 600 Case
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Cooler(Yessssssssssssss Finally in India :banana2 :hpraise)
Windows 7 Home Premium

All the above costs Rs.46950(excluding cost of Windows)

Any suggestions are welcome

What all components you putting in Abhas? I have an E5300 with a 9600GT and a P35 based board, and I'm pretty fine with a 500w CM PSU. So see if you're not wasting too much on the power supply you might not need.

I'm thinking about i5 750, P55 motherboard, GT240 Gfx card.
What do you think should be the optimal power supply needed?

Users who are viewing this thread