IPL New rule due to get implemented- ain't it?

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Actually, I got this idea when I was watching the match between Deccan Chargers and Chennai Super Kings, why not there is a rule regarding the minimum local Indian players, to make sure that the teams are fairly distributed?

I observed that Deccan Chargers have around 5 Indian capped players, of whom Shikar Dhawan has played just ONE match, where he has got out for a zero, Manpreet Singh Gony played around 4 years ago for India, that too in only for couple of months. Ishant Sharma is out of IPL this time.

Why not BCCI put in couple of rules from next phase (I mean, after IPL 6), where there is a rule, which says Indian capped player with atleast 10 international matches for India will be put into auction and Minimum number of those players in each side to be 4?

That would stabilize the teams and make the contest more interesting, unlike what is not going on with franchisees like Deccan Chargers. I feel like introducing this rule, before some other franchisee officials start doing the same.

Your views please:).

I like the way you think - that is I agree it'd be good if the IPL was more even (and less corrupt) ...but:

...I don't think ensuring an even distribution of Indian capped players will have much of an effect to that end. Mainly because, as you pointed out, capped players vary hugely in quality and T20 skills/value.

The only way to even up an auction is to put a cap on spending that even the poorest franchise can afford. Since that reduces the total amount of money laundered (... er I mean... made available to benefit humanity:rolleyes) through the IPL, it's not going to happen is it?

Its better to go with all A and B grade ranaji players are put into auction with franchises get additional 5 million purse and bid on them which makes a fair distribution of tallent and players of the same state like a guy from karnataka need not play in rcb it self and the same implies to other 8 franchise and it will put a brake on teams like mi,rcb and others bagging tallents in their team and not give others a chance and at the end of the day teams which are financially weak too get a fairly good player hope bcci looks into this soon or else it will be epl soon...

The only way to even up an auction is to put a cap on spending that even the poorest franchise can afford. Since that reduces the total amount of money laundered (... er I mean... made available to benefit humanity:rolleyes) through the IPL, it's not going to happen is it?

Apologies for being ignorant, but did you indirectly mean every franchisee has to be given equal amount to buy players?

If that is the case, I guess each and every team has equal amount of money to be spent on buying players in Auction. And for uncapped players, the salary restriction is doing its job [although in unfair way].

Its better to go with all A and B grade ranaji players are put into auction with franchises get additional 5 million purse and bid on them which makes a fair distribution of tallent and players of the same state like a guy from karnataka need not play in rcb it self and the same implies to other 8 franchise and it will put a brake on teams like mi,rcb and others bagging tallents in their team and not give others a chance and at the end of the day teams which are financially weak too get a fairly good player hope bcci looks into this soon or else it will be epl soon...

Nah, if all Ranji players come into auction, it'll end up like another fish market. What is going on is fine, although for uncapped players, they must be forced to choose their home side, if available [like Shreevats Goswami is playing to Rajasthan Royals, he should be forced to play for Kolkata Knight Riders].

Also, if the current trend continues, a new league from some country like New Zealand with non corrupt IPL concept will easily overtake IPL and its dominance.

Even tough its a fish market you can catch big fishes and some unrecognised fishes too perform well just to get a cap in one of the team it atleast brings justice to the least bothered teams and the players as well its good for all 4 bcci ipl ranji and franchises so it ensures level play

I don't think that would be a soo great hit, by bringing uncapped ones into auction, because it adds just confusion to the auction, nothing much.

Deccan Chronicle has lost interest in IPL. They are looking for someone who is ready to buy the franchise.
Meanwhile all they want is profit, they are not purchasing good players and are selling their key players (eg: Pragyan Ojha, RP Singh, Kevin Pietersen) to make some money.

They have this unbalanced and weak side because the franchise owners are not interested in investing much in the team. Had they shown some interest they wouldn't have had such a squad.

As a sidetrack, I feel future IPL's should introduce a rule where there are atleast a minimum of 4 local state players in the team. If they are international players, great for the franchise (e.g. CSK have three guys Ashwin, Badri and Vijay who have played international cricket too). They should still have one more Chennai/Tamil Nadu guy playing for CSK. Also yesterday in the CSK vs Deccan match, I could spot only two Telugu guys (TP Sudhindra and DB Ravi Teja). All the rest of their players are either foreign players or from other states (Bharat Chipli from Karnataka, Ankit Sharma from Madhya Pradesh).

The IPL must promote more local talent in the respective teams. Chennai inspite of having good players like Mukund, Yomahesh, Ganapathy Vignesh, etc dont play them because their star Indian guys like Raina and Dhoni occupy the spots and also the foreigners occupy their spots. Also Jakati is a guy from Goa, Tyagi and Joginder are from outside too...

@Yudi: Yes, I absolutely agree with you. They are turning hopeless:(.

As a sidetrack, I feel future IPL's should introduce a rule where there are atleast a minimum of 4 local state players in the team. If they are international players, great for the franchise (e.g. CSK have three guys Ashwin, Badri and Vijay who have played international cricket too). They should still have one more Chennai/Tamil Nadu guy playing for CSK. Also yesterday in the CSK vs Deccan match, I could spot only two Telugu guys (TP Sudhindra and DB Ravi Teja). All the rest of their players are either foreign players or from other states (Bharat Chipli from Karnataka, Ankit Sharma from Madhya Pradesh).

The IPL must promote more local talent in the respective teams. Chennai inspite of having good players like Mukund, Yomahesh, Ganapathy Vignesh, etc dont play them because their star Indian guys like Raina and Dhoni occupy the spots and also the foreigners occupy their spots. Also Jakati is a guy from Goa, Tyagi and Joginder are from outside too...

That is why I asked to make a rule, which says the uncapped players must be forced to go into their home team, if available.

Users who are viewing this thread