New Zealand contracted players for 09/10

Great to see Bond back. :D

However I don't get why Hopkins got a contract, that one confused me especially because of the fact, he's behind McGlashan in the ODI's and arguably behind Reece Young for Tests, add to that once Van Wyk becomes eligible he would probably be behind him when it comes the back up role in both forms.

Besides him It's a pretty good list though.

Last edited:
Arnel? they guy hasn't even played for NZ. Tuffey was a better choice IMO.

Great to see Bond back. :D

However I don't get why Hopkins got a contract, that one confused me especially because of the fact, he's behind McGlashan in the ODI's and arguably behind Reece Young for Tests, add to that once Van Wyk becomes eligible he would probably be behind him when it comes the back up role in both forms.

Besides him It's a pretty good list though.

In the article they said that they considered tests as a rating of 1.25 and OD stuff a rating of 1.0 so thats probably why Hopkins just managed to get in.

Cricket: Black Caps delay signing contracts - Sport - NZ Herald News

The Herald understands Brendon McCullum and Jacob Oram are among a group of senior Black Caps who have yet to sign their New Zealand Cricket central contracts because of concerns next year's inbound Australia tour may clash with the lucrative IPL.

Fantastic, this is just what New Zealand needs.

Tbh though I wouldn't give two ████'s if they didn't sign there contracts, go and play in the IPL. I hope you have fun doing nothing for 11 months a year.

Many Australians will probably miss that series as they didn't play in this years IPL

Many Australians will probably miss that series as they didn't play in this years IPL

I would hope not. Australia should be sending over their strongest team.

I don't think there will be a big conflict to be honest as long as the IPL stays in April. Our season is normally done by late March after that the weather is not that great.

The media at the best of times like to stir up drama and I bet thats what is happening here.

Last edited:
But their thinking of doing the IPL earlier next year so it doesn’t clash with English Season so then the IPL will fall into the New Zealand and Australian season I am assuming

I don't think there will be a big conflict to be honest as long as the IPL stays in April. Our season is normally done by late March after that the weather is not that great.

The media at the best of times like to stir up drama and I bet thats what is happening here.

I hope you're right about that. This just makes me hate the IPL even more.

I hope you're right about that. This just makes me hate the IPL even more.

When IPL first came out, I was immature, loved Twenty20, the format and all the tournaments, but then I grew up a bit, now I hate them all. My friends, sadly, differ in opinion to me.

They'll probably all sign before the deadline, because they aren't going to throw away $75,000+ for what will be less than a week of the IPL they could possibly miss.

Well i'd disagree with O'Brien.

As a test bowler in 2008 O'Brien was one of the best in the world. He took 38 wickets at 21 and it amazes me how underrated he is. Bond is probably still a better bowler, but Tuffey shouldn't be rated ahead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread