Next world class spinner?

Oh Please. If you are so much concerned about the Rules of the Forum then you must know that there is nothing wrong with this thread.
All the People here are not watching Srilankan Domestic. It just CDM tried to put these youngster up front to discuss. And nothing wrong in that.
if you don't agree its ok Just write your opinion and leave it. Why you desperate to abuse the whole thread?.
Anyway If you check Cricket forums then you will find 10-15 threads about these young players from different Countries.

when did i ever say that there is anything wrong or against the rules about this thread? i was questioning the wisdom of the people who jumped to the conclusion that he will definately be a world class spinner. it seems that you are taking some of my words literally. anyway i think i'll leave since i dont want to waste my valuable time over this forum.

when did i ever say that there is anything wrong or against the rules about this thread? i was questioning the wisdom of the people who jumped to the conclusion that he will definately be a world class spinner. it seems that you are taking some of my words literally. anyway i think i'll leave since i dont want to waste my valuable time over this forum.

Im going to be stalking your profile.

BTW i know playing with yourself is such a valuable time to waste.

Last edited:

We will miss you... SO MANY MEMORIES! :crying

The thread started with an MSN discussion between CDM & Myself, we were discussing his potential and acknowledged all the things you mentioned but all in all he had a terrific debut and as long as he doesnt throw (MURALI!) I will be a fan of him (Wished Fox showed the Series)

PS Dont turn this into a Murali throwing thread as its my opinion that he does and im entitled to that

We will miss you... SO MANY MEMORIES! :crying

The thread started with an MSN discussion between CDM & Myself, we were discussing his potential and acknowledged all the things you mentioned but all in all he had a terrific debut and as long as he doesnt throw (MURALI!) I will be a fan of him (Wished Fox showed the Series)

PS Dont turn this into a Murali throwing thread as its my opinion that he does and im entitled to that

Apparently hes throwing at 30 degrees but who cares hes playing for Sri Lanka and he gets wickets. :)

He'll be an ODI machine because he's got all these variations and they're all hard to read out of the hand. Whether they read him or not, it should continue to be difficult to settle against him.

In Tests, he'll have a long honeymoon period, but players adjust and so the conditions evolve. If enough players can learn the tells, he might not be as effective on sheer guile, flight and turn. Herein is the advantage of having reserve variations. Warne's early career was marked by his vicious flipper, but in later years, it was arguably the slider that was his chief variation. The test of greatness is whether a player can ride the changes until his end, or if change beats him to the punch.

I believe that Mendis needs to keep one or two variations hidden, for now. He does not want to reveal all his tricks so early in his career. He looks tremendously talented to me and I am shuddering to think that we may face him and Murali when India play Sri Lanka after the IPL.

I have written an article about him - link in my signature or can be otherwise found in the member articles section.

After talking to many Sri Lanka fans, i've heard that the variations he's used in the recent series isn't even half of what he's got.
In the domestic scene, he is seen bowling yorkers at speeds up to 130km/h, or so my source tells me.

He is definitely a find.

Need lot more time.
India already have Kumble and Harbhajan.So Until they are fit Enough to play,Piush need to wait.
Though potentially Piyush is complete Future for India,He can bowl Googly very well.
Only his problem seems to me is Short balls.He will bowl 2 or 3 short balls in a Over.I think He is still young and need to learn lot.

He has a lot of work to do, he will not get a prolonged run to find his feet since there are others like Mishra, Ojha and Vishal Bhatia who are also on the fringes of selection.

Piyush Chawla is an exciting prospect. The way he flights the ball and lands it with accuracy is quite brilliant.
His Googly is fantastic as well.

I think Mendis is a better bowler though, because he can bowl EVERYTHING with control.

Not seen Mendis but I trust you. SL need him more than India need Chawla.

well Amit Jaggernauth could be one of the next big spinners in cricket. we still haven't seen him in International cricket so its hard to tell but his domestic cricket stats have been great. His test on International level will probably be against Australia so if he does good against them than we will be able to tell if he has what it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread