NFL Thread

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any NFL fans out there. Long time for the football season to begin but I just thought I should get this thread running for American football fans.

My Favorite team is Philadelphia Eagles but I am from texas and I think Dallas has done some good choices in getting draft picks and getting Drew Bledsoe for QB position. I will be rooting for Dallas Cowboys when the season begins.

Sad to see no NFL fans here... Is it because the NFL season is not ON right now??

They don't show NFL where I live...so I can't follow it :(

rahulk666 said:
Is it because the NFL season is not ON right now??
Possibly. :p

They don't show NFL in India that much. Even then I am not that interested in it. Perhaps that'll change after I'm in Houston for a few months. :D

From what I've seen of NFL,its too slow for my liking :(

gold639 said:
From what I've seen of NFL,its too slow for my liking :(
Watch Packers, Vikings, Eagles, or possibly Chiefs... They play passing game which is fast compared to the run based teams (i love em' too) like Pats, Bucs, Dallas...

sohummisra said:
Possibly. :p

They don't show NFL in India that much. Even then I am not that interested in it. Perhaps that'll change after I'm in Houston for a few months. :D
So they show NBA in India?? Wow thats great. I have been in US for more than 6-7 years now and when I was in India they just showed 2-3 highlights in Sportscenter (ESPN).

They show games very randomly. In the regular season, when there is no soccer going on, they will show games on Thursday and Friday mornings, with repeats in the afternoons. Just two games a week, though. They usually cover the playoffs pretty well, but this year it has sucked. They didn't show the pivotal Game 5 and Game 7 of the Heat-Pistons series.

If I had my way I would tie up the ESPN producers and kick them in their balls until they show more basketball and stop repeating every soccer match fifty million times.

I think Indians are well conversent with basketball but American football has its own rules and Indian public doesn't know them and hence the lack of NFL broadcast. I too didn't know it when i came to US but slowly I picked up the game and I love it!!

Count me in as an NFL fan. NFL is the most exciting sport. Never a dull moment where you want to switch off the TV.
Fan of NE Patriots. They're building into a dynasty now.

Also love NCAA football
Loved it, played touch football in school. My school was the best for many years ( Florida State University - Seminoles ) but these days it still is in the top 10.

What do you think of the Terrell Owens and Brian Westbrook hold-off. I am sure it will hurt the Eagles this season. You may be infact very happy as you are Pats fan. :)

Brian Westbrook returned to Eagles training camp. He has signed a one year contract and is hopeful of an extension. Insiders believe he wants and will probably get a five year contract with the Eagles. Meanwhile T.O. doesn't want to budge and so does the Eagles franchise. Looks like T.O. won't play for Eagles until he has a new contract. If the season begins and still the T.O. hold-off does not end then Eagles might release him.

Freddie Mitchell has joined the Cheifs. The wide reciever from Philadelphia also known as "Fredex" (Fedex) bad-mouthed his way out of Eagles franchise with a mediocre last season primarily due to T.O. playing for Eagles last year.

I do like the NFL but dont really follow a team, I like the Packers and the Vikings which is wrong cause they're rivals! I'm just getting into it and looking forward to the new season

I am an NFL fan and I live in the New England area. Guess who I follow ?

msamina said:
I am an NFL fan and I live in the New England area. Guess who I follow ?
That's a tough question... LOL
But I do know that you must be grateful to Adam Vinatieri a lot.

Croker said:
I do like the NFL but dont really follow a team, I like the Packers and the Vikings which is wrong cause they're rivals! I'm just getting into it and looking forward to the new season
Well, all I can say is that once you get into it, you can't get out of it. NFL Rocks!!

Users who are viewing this thread