American Football

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Went along last week. Reminded me a hell of a lot of football (Soccer) training when they were doing the warm-up. Didn't stay too long as my Step Dad had to get somewhere and it was freezing. Going along this Sunday to take part, so that should be interesting.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
BUMP

Now at Uni and have been to two sessions with the Lincoln Colonials. First session was a combine with a few different drills. If the guy timed me right I ran the 40 yard dash in 4.35 secs. My 3rd run was 4.56 which isn't bad anyway.

Just had the first day of a two day training camp with them. Boy do I ache. We concentrated on tackling today, not my strongest area to say the least. Still, was good fun and I look forward to tomorrow where we split off into more specific positional groups.

Will know if I'm in the team on Monday and the first game is in 3 weeks time.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Good luck. The only experience I've had is playing a bit of touch football in PE in HS and even then no one knew the rules (including the coaches). Complete armchair fan here. :D

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I'm officially a part of the team having got my receipt saying I have paid ?75 for membership. Training tonight, hopefully I'll be able to work on specific wide receiver drills having been picked to play in that position in the small scrimmage time we had on Sunday.

Also, I'm going to be covering the team all season as part of my work for the sports section of the student newspaper 'The Linc'. Will be very nice to have a ████ load of articles in my portfolio and a decent CV when I leave uni.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You could play QB for the Arizona Cardinals. Anybody is better than Derek Anderson or Max Hall (Even the 5 Live Sports Xtra commentators were asking who the fearsome tweak he was).

Manly

Thor
Haha to be fair I could. I could probably play back-up to Vick, because I can see further down field than Kolb seems to be able to.

See myself as a CB or WR as it is.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cheers Mark. I'll let you know how we get on and will probably link my articles on here. Here are our league fixtures this season:

Lincoln Colonials v Nottingham Outlaws - 14/11/2010
Anglia Ruskin Phantoms v Lincoln Colonials - 21/11/2010
UCH Sharks v Lincoln Colonials - 28/11/2010
Lincoln Colonials v York Centurions - 05/12/2010
Worcester Royals v Lincoln Colonials - 12/12/2010
Lincoln Colonials v Loughborough Aces - 07/01/2011
Derby Braves v Lincoln Colonials - 06/02/2011
Lincoln Colonials v Warwick Wolves - 20/02/2011

Apparently Derby is the big rival match. Personally, I'll be looking forward to the Notts match seeing as that is where I have lived for the past 8 years.

Users who are viewing this thread