No Bowlers

scritty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Perhaps It's me.

Now in 2012, and running out of bowlers. Not a single regen in the 5 years so far offered before the open contract stage, and then those that are offered are rubbish (age 22 2nd XI average of 45+ seems to be the norm).

Get batters like there is no tomorrow. Now got three picked for England (which does really weaken my squad) 2 are regens - the other one is Stephen Moore (who is fantastic in the game - averaging 60 to 70 most seasons)

Rely entirely on two overseas bowlers Who with Kabir Ali and Ray Price (now ancient) just about get through the season.

Hardly any UK bowlers are any good. Stuart Broad, Andrew Flintoff, never play for England after first season - Plunkett, Anderson and Panesar do - but average over 40 each (i'm not the England Coach) In fact Anderson averages a touch under 50 every season - and still selected test after test.

What's all that about then ?

(Overseas seamers I've never heard of from India , Sri Lanka , Pakistan and even Bangladesh dominate completely - whereas Brett Lee commands barely more than ?30,000 - all seems mucked up to me)

sounds like 3 to me

i have a bowler who doesnt get into my team centrally contracted. he averages around 35 in county cricket. yet broad and other who average under 30 dont

Yes ICC 3. But t's crashed now (corrupt savegame - crashes when going to pick team for the 2011/12 tour of India )

Do I want to tell Microsoft ?

Not really...same happened with all versions since 2002 after a few seasons (2002 still plays just fine)

The central contracts are a cock up..How can I be England celector and have no say in central contracts. (I'm not - but if I was I wouldn't - I wouldn't pick 8 of the people the CPU picks - they just aren't good enough !!)

Oh well.

Going to buy a boxed copy of that other game (that importantly allows you to put in your own player photos as well - a massive nerf for my homage teams when it was removed from ICC)

And online - yeah great.

Not the dev's fault, but so many kids leave you hanging once they start to lose - they don't disco, they just "leave" eventually you disco because you want to get to with something else.

I'm so dissapointed with this - I would play it again if it didn't crash as well.

Clarker
Clarker

yeah i have a similar problem.. im now in 2011 and ive had about 6 regen batsman who all average near 60 in 2nd team cricket.. however i havent had one regen bowler who averages under 35... so i have to rely on rashid, a 35+ year old hoggard and signing decent overseas bowlers to complement my attack.. and these all seem to be 80,000 per season RM no-names from sri lanka or india, whilst more well-known pacemen around the world seem to only be 35-40,000.

Yup never heard of any of the medium paced wonder bowlers I get from the sub continent . Even in 2008 these no-namers totally outperformed Ntini, Lee etc etc,

But the crash has ruined it for me. 2005,2006 and ashes all crash at the same place (picking the team for an overseas tour) Anyone know a fix ?

I have picked up two bowlers in the last two seasons with mediocre averages in the second team stats. Both are okay but not like previous stars.

The third screen is one of the best from my old ICC06 game.

Attachments

• BARRETT, Dan.JPG
    BARRETT, Dan.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 19
  • BEASLEY, Rian.JPG
    BEASLEY, Rian.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Barney Ward.JPG
    Barney Ward.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
Lee is pretty mediocre in the game anyway.

* Agreed, same goes with Ntini and Akhtar. All three are premium fast bowlers who should be doing well yet you have modest medium pacers like Arafat outgunning them. Not that I have a problem really since I'm a fan of Arafat though it just doesn't seem too right.

yeah, the australian fast bowlers seem to be the ones most affected as well.. players like hilfenhaus, tait, johnson, lee, gillespie are all below par in the game.. whereas some no-name RM from india takes 120 wickets per test season at an average of 17. Malinga from sri lanka isnt even RF, he's RMF or something, and doesnt get selected in the national team!

the creators of ICC have always seemed to have some fetish for disregarding proven fast bowlers and instead making unknowns freakishly good.. maybe their way of proving that they can pick talent?

Yes ICC 3. But t's crashed now (corrupt savegame - crashes when going to pick team for the 2011/12 tour of India )

The central contracts are a cock up..How can I be England celector and have no say in central contracts. (I'm not - but if I was I wouldn't - I wouldn't pick 8 of the people the CPU picks - they just aren't good enough !!)

Clarker
Clarker

the problem with being able to select your own central contracts is that people could just give all their sqaud central contracts so they don't have to pay them and can get more better players or invest much more in things liek youth than they would have been able to do.

just got 2 bowlers with 2nd 11 averages of 20 and 21 in my first season.

jtully.jpg

This is my first regen bowler who averaged 19 for the 2nd team, he did well in his first season taking 57 wickets at 28, but next year he took just 12 wickets and 10 were for england, but last season he averaged 27 taking 48 wickets.

I m in 2011 now and have just got 2 bowlers who average 19 and 20 and i hope they do better than tully

Users who are viewing this thread