No Man's Sky: Discussion and Showcase

D

Dutch

For any one interested in putting up some screens or vids of this game and discuss anything about it:

I will get the ball rolling.....the most fun is to be had as a biologist or zoologist discovering new species and studying their behaviour. Especially on "free-roaming" planets, they seem to be lusher and more "busy".

Came across this lot having a birthday party!

D

Deleted member 9102

Certainly looks like something I'd enjoy despite all of the bad publicity - I never followed any of the promotion and build-up to release, barely even know the main features of the game... But just exploring an atmospheric and immersive game world is an experience I enjoy and this seems to tick that box. The £40 price tag is what's stopping me at the moment, pretty much never pay that for games. There's so many amazing PC games around at a fraction of that price, and loads in my library I'm yet to even play.

Another space exploration game I'm keeping an eye on is Rodina, in Early Access but looks like it has huge potential;
Rodina on Steam

D

Dutch

Yeah it is expensive and its the mods that add that bit extra....

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I read so many negative reviews about this game and that people are demanding refund for the game. Why is that ? Anyone care to explain ?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I read so many negative reviews about this game and that people are demanding refund for the game. Why is that ? Anyone care to explain ?

Because people love a pile-on, and there's no empathy left in the world.

D

Dutch

Because people love a pile-on, and there's no empathy left in the world.
I think that is a bit one-sided Chief in all fairness. Yes I agree that there has been an over the top, way over the top reaction to things, but the communication has been quite dismal around the points people have been asking about: the customers have based there decision to buy the game on the different presentations there have been and wonder why the game omits much of what was showcased in those presentations. I personally am having a great time with the game and think it is a great achievement and has masses of potential but I do think there are some valid questions to be answered: but yes, that should be done with tact and above all decency.

D

Dutch

There may be lots of criticism of this game but man it really does have some fascinating and awe-inspiring stuff and a real sense of subtle adventure about it......

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Dutch is this after the patch update with fixes? Just curious as I am thinking to get it. Also read that inventory keep loosing, wanting to know whether they got that fixed in last patch. Despite the critics, videos look actually nice.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I think that is a bit one-sided Chief in all fairness. Yes I agree that there has been an over the top, way over the top reaction to things, but the communication has been quite dismal around the points people have been asking about: the customers have based there decision to buy the game on the different presentations there have been and wonder why the game omits much of what was showcased in those presentations. I personally am having a great time with the game and think it is a great achievement and has masses of potential but I do think there are some valid questions to be answered: but yes, that should be done with tact and above all decency.

Yeah, I'm being over the top. There's definitely a recognized issue there (as indicated by, I believe, the refunds), but I lost patience with the genuine complaints because of the sheer weight of whiny people who just didn't like the game (or thought it WASN'T A GAME) etc. Those entitled fools sometimes ruin it for the people with genuine complaints: apologies for being rather unforgiving. :)

D

Dutch

@Dutch is this after the patch update with fixes? Just curious as I am thinking to get it. Also read that inventory keep loosing, wanting to know whether they got that fixed in last patch. Despite the critics, videos look actually nice.
Yeah and I am also using a few mods that enhance things somewhat. Dont get the game for the story and the "goal". There are better games out there. But what this game has an incredible scope to go out investigating and discovering; every cave, every sea, every everything comes up with surprises.

Roam free anddont follow the Atlas route.
Just mine what you need to be able to roam further.
Really explore and observe.

Really really a joy!!

D

Dutch

Yeah, I'm being over the top. There's definitely a recognized issue there (as indicated by, I believe, the refunds), but I lost patience with the genuine complaints because of the sheer weight of whiny people who just didn't like the game (or thought it WASN'T A GAME) etc. Those entitled fools sometimes ruin it for the people with genuine complaints: apologies for being rather unforgiving. :)
Yeah I know what you mean. Iam really enjoying the NMS experience now I have found a modus to play in.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
. But what this game has an incredible scope to go out investigating and discovering; every cave, every sea, every everything comes up with surprises.

Roam free anddont follow the Atlas route.
Just mine what you need to be able to roam further.
Really explore and observe.

Really really a joy!!

Thank you, yes I also like roaming just for exploring and observing the surprises.

When I read those major critics, it included like not having multi-player to see other player exploring near you on same time, not being able to join a side of battle ships and fight against other type of ships, or different type of ships inventory to fly not being an option.

Those critics were very minor to me as I just prefer to roam alone and explore, I am going to get this and try it out.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Just Plutonium a little more to get off i would have done it earlier (exams).It just started running nicely after the update

Users who are viewing this thread