Nokia 5800 - Songs Deleted

Bounce

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been using Nokia N95 for quite some time now. Recently, I inserted my memory card in my friend's cell phone (Noka 5800). All was fine, but when I inserted the Card back in my cell, the songs folders (My Music and Digital Sounds) were deleted. I am sure this is some kind of virus as it deleted only these two folders which contained music files.

The good news for me is that the memory card still shows 4 GB utilized (1.5 GB is my other data and 2.5 GB are the songs). I connected my cell to my laptop, and when clicked on properties of the removable disk, it shows 4 GB utilized. After going inside the folder, when I select ALL the folders and see the properties, its just 1.5 GB, including hidden files.

Is there any way I can get my songs back by any Data Recovery Software. Its my most cherished collection and I do not wish to lose it.

I still have some hope as the memory utilized still shows 4 GB.

You can put off your mem card for a while and use another. Use a general recovery software like R-Studio. Run a scan and you'll get back. This generally happens with mem cards once, so don't worry.

Look, I don't think this is a data problem. It happens once with memory cards, they are actually not deleted but are prevented from reading. Just look up into google for memord card read error fixes. You'll find your answer. But the first and foremost thing is Don't mess up with the card, just leave it alone. Only if you find an answer you try to work on it. Also, it might seem too much on you but you'd try this first:

Memory Card Reader/transfer - Free Downloads of Memory Card Reader/transfer Software

Don't even hear the word format. Just don't. Forget it. Think you never heard of format. That's what many people do after they don't immediately find a solution to it, there's a way always.

Will try a couple of applications from there KBC.
Thanks a lot. Hoping for the best. :)

Edit: Happy Birthday as well

Users who are viewing this thread