not enough online players

abhishekstixgen

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys these days whenever i go online i see very few online players.therefore i urge u all to come online and play as often as possible.whoever agrees or disagrees wid me can post his views

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Its has been a long time since I have played ICC 2008 online. When I come online, no one will be available to play.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I actually logged on (icc08) for the first time in ages last night and i was the only one there.

Sureshot

Executive member
The connection issues at the start of this release really hurt the on-line mode. As said on the CT forums I'm hoping to do a big on-line tournament to coincide with the 09 release.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
One of the main problems has been that people are cheating because of the editor.
I played someone who has played 23 matches and won them all, his bowlers in the current tab were averaging 6 and he had a player averaging 300 odd after 10 matches. I went on today to see if the game was still good online and since the editor has came out it has gone dramatically downhill.

Sureshot

Executive member
I thought use of the editor made the team null and void online? If not, I shall pass the information on to Chris as I'm sure he wouldn't want people with bowlers averaging 6, playing on-line.

abhishekstixgen

School Cricketer
yeah i hve seen d same happening. ppl hve batsmen wid avgs more than 100 etc..another prob is that once anybody logs in they dont wait for 5 or 10 min for nebody else to arrive..they immediately log out and hence nobody finds anyone.....if we all show a bit of patience before logging out im sure the number of online players will increase

abhishekstixgen added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

i play icc 2008 and see very few people online and reckon this is the very problem..

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-captain-downloads/player-editing-tutorial-39712-46.html#post1318291

This allows people to edit and still play with there team online also Im sure if you made two clean installs, updated one to the current version and kept the other one as it is you'd be able to copy your .CAP file from the updated one back to the old one, edit it and then copy back allowing you to play online.
Its a shame that this has happened as an Editor would have been a good idea but some have to spoil it for everyone.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Ill be happy to play some games with people online. I don't have any saved games running, except an England save.

abhishekstixgen

School Cricketer
nebody has ne ideas for having an online tournament in icc 2008 be it official or unofficial??..also one thing we can do to stop cheats is to blacklist them by posting their team names in this forum....generally i hve seen that those whose teams are in the top 50 or top 100 ranks r cheats...they score 450 odd n bundle u out for 150.........

Users who are viewing this thread