ODI Run chase

douglas93

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can anyone help on the run chase in 50 overs, I find this the hardest part of the game, if the run chase is over roughly 220 Im in trouble. My main problem is spinners, Its the same story when the spinners come in, I defend a lot because most of the deliveries are spot on the stumps, run rate goes up, I then feel I have to 'go for it' and hey presto wickets fall.

Does anyone else struggle with this aspect of the game? if you are chasing big totals can you tell me what you are doing against spin?

Its ok in the tests you can just defend and wait for the bad ball but in the ODI's it seems the bad ball is less frequent (probably my imagination).

No , the "good ball on the wickets" is the easiest to bowl , as it requires minimal input from the bowler. So you will wait a long time if he is one of those lazy bowlers.

Not to say that the back of a length one on the stumps is not a scoring shot ball . Just wip it to Square leg,Mid Wicket Boundary , or try an On drive ,

He will soon see that he needs to vary his line and lengths a bit.

I used to defend spin bowling and would normally wait for the pacers to show off to score some quick runs, until I learn to sweep.

Sweep is the good option against spin bowlers, you may not score quick runs but it would help to score some singles and doubles.

I can easily bat out 50 overs now on Pro post patch, now that the risk element of defensive v attacking strokes is now realistic. Hold the right trigger down and only play at loose deliveries. Everything else defend. Be patient and maintain a run rate of about 4.50 for 40 overs, with the prime consideration keeping wickets in hand to go beserk in the last 10.

I havent got the hang of when to sweep yet so might give that a go and yep maybe patience is the problem!

I for one find that advancing IS QUITE GOOD AGAINST SPIN, I CAN SWEEP BUT PREFER NOT TO. I do this during tests and then block a few. Good tactic in my opinion if you want/need quick runs.

I find that when the field is up then playing straight deliveries through square leg is almost certainly a boundary or playing them down to fine leg. It's very risky because if you play your shot too early you'll be given LBW or a bit late you could sky an edge but it does force the bowler to change their line and even bowl around the wicket. They'll stack the leg side field after a bit so then it's reverse sweep time.

I used to hate facing the spinners now I love them and get a lot of runs from them

Users who are viewing this thread