Odi

JGerber

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and have had a look at other threads to see if they contain info I might require.

This is the best cricket game I have ever played. I do seem to have difficulty in the one day department (internationally). I struggle to score enough runs. I am aware that there are no sure way of scoring as the game is made up 20% skill + 20% timing + 60% luck. However, I was hoping that maybe some of you have got some good field placings, batting theories or bowling theories.

Thanks

In one dayers I start my batsman at normal, and gradualy make them go more agressive until they are at maximum agression when they have reached, say, 40 runs. I dont tend to worry about the run rate too much until the 30th over, unless the run rate goes below 3 an over.

I put it on the 2nd aggressive level until the 20-30 over mark (depending on the run rate), then notch it up one, then in the last 5 overs put it one level from full

I'm no good at one day games either even when I have my batsmen at maximum aggression they still suck. Ps I agree the umpires are against Australia.

squiz said:
I put it on the 2nd aggressive level until the 20-30 over mark (depending on the run rate), then notch it up one, then in the last 5 overs put it one level from full

Umpires against Australia??? Getting the excuses in early!!! :D :laugh

How many runs do you normally get?

I'll normally score about 230. However, after 30 overs I will have 120-160 with only 2/3 wickets down. Then all of a sudden it is a collpase and the guys just dont score quick enough.

I did beat Sri Lanka (only my 2nd ODI win) by 3 wickets a couple of hours ago after I restricted them to 192 in 50 overs. Once again I started great and was on 140/2 after 30 overs, but then only managed 194/7 with 2 overs to spare?????

I guess a win is a win and I should be thankful. However, I am continuing to fine tune my team and the 2 youngsters I gave a run took 6 wickets between them :)

Kallis kicks ass!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread