Overall Internet Security Suites

Never noticed that, pretty sure they don't send it back to their database.

It was in the Agreement when you install it - I don't usually read those things, but in this one, it was right at the top, so I couldn't help but read on.

Anyone trying AVG 11 yet? It seems faster than AVG 9 and comes with a couple of extra features as well (free version).

Been using Kaspersky for ages, and haven't had a single issue yet. I don't notice any performance differences. The license is dirt cheap as well (Around 600 bucks for 3PC's, which comes out around $12 for 3 PC's). Having to download exe's from various sources (damn college projects), it comes in pretty handy, and has detected plentiful of viruses in them.

IMO Norton 2011 is great... Have been using nod 32 for las t 2 years. Just installed Norton and discovered 75 threats :( Its is really light on system too. About 30 mb only..

IMO Norton 2011 is great... Have been using nod 32 for las t 2 years. Just installed Norton and discovered 75 threats :( Its is really light on system too. About 30 mb only..

I've only ever heard bad things about Norton - how it really slows your system down and stuff - is 2011 really that much better?
I've heard a lot about nod 32 - but the reviews don't seem to think much of it.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Been using Kaspersky for ages, and haven't had a single issue yet. I don't notice any performance differences. The license is dirt cheap as well (Around 600 bucks for 3PC's, which comes out around $12 for 3 PC's). Having to download exe's from various sources (damn college projects), it comes in pretty handy, and has detected plentiful of viruses in them.

Do you know if Kaspersky conflicts with Spybot S & D? I've heard it's good to have another package to catch anything the main one doesn't.

I don't know, I've never used it along with Spybot S & D... As long as you just do safe browsing practices, just the Kaspersky Internet Security should be fine!

I don't know, I've never used it along with Spybot S & D... As long as you just do safe browsing practices, just the Kaspersky Internet Security should be fine!

OK. Annoyingly, it's gone up at play.com by about ?10 - maybe it'll come down again before the New Year.

The best antivirus solution I have seen till date is Sophos Antivirus. But they only focus on corporates.

I was circumspect about Norton too. Last time i use norton was in 2006 and at that time it was a real system hog... But after checking a few reviews and trying out trial version, i can say it is really awesome antivirus.

nod32 is what is used on all the computers at my university

Norton has improved quite a bit especially in terms of speed. It's pretty good now and has always been good at detecting viruses and firewall is good as well.

I have Norton on my work laptop and its not hogging up resources like in past.

Users who are viewing this thread