Story Pakistan-New Zealand-South Africa Tri-Series

Aussies r tops

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The ICC has announced a tri series between Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa, to be played in Pakistan during the month of January. It will be a nine match series, with a single final following the nine matches.

Ian Botham, one of the many commentators for Sky Sports on this tour, caught up with Inzamam-ul-Haq for a brief chat.

Botham: So Inzy, how do you think you'll fare against South Africa and New Zealand?

Inzamam: I think we will do alright. The boys showded good form against the classy Australians in the VB Series, so I think we can win if we put our heads down and get on with the job.

Botham: Any injury concerns, Inzy?

Inzamam: Well we will be watching Abdul Razzaq, who has still not yet fully recovered from his "eating too much spinach" virus, and of course Shoiab Akhtar also.
Botham: And news on Shoaib Malik and his bowling action?

Inzamam: He has been cleared by the ICC and is ready to do some bowling, and the same with Mohammed Hafeez as he has been cleared also.

Botham: Thanks for your time Inzy and good luck for the tournament.

Inzamam: Thank you.

All three countries have announced their 20 man squads:
Pakistan:
Inzamam-ul-Haq (c)
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Imran Farhat
Mohammad Sami
Moin Khan
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Salman Butt
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Akhtar
Shoaib Malik
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana
Saqulain Mushtaq
Umar Gul
Asim Kamal
Shabbir Ahmed
Taufeeq Umar
Danish Kaneria

New Zealand
S. Fleming (c)
N. Astle
I. Butler
C. Cairns
C. Harris
H. Marshall
B. McCullum
C. McMillan
K. Mills
J. Oram
M. Papps
S. Styris
D. Tuffey
D. Vettori
M. Sinclair
C. Maritn
A. Adams
J. Franklin
P. Wiseman
M. Richardson

South Africa
G. Smith (c)
M. Boucher
N. Boje
H. Amla
Z. de Bruyn
H. Gibbs
J. Kallis
L. Klusener
C. Langeveldt
M. Ntini
R. Peterson
S. Pollock
J. Rudolph
M. van Jaarsveld
T. Tsolekile
P. Adams
B. Dippenaar
A. Hall
A. Nel
J. Ontong

The tounament fixtures are as follows:
Pakistan vs. New Zealand, Lahore, 1st January
Pakistan vs. South Africa, Rawalpindi, 2nd January
New Zealand vs. South Africa, Karachi, 3rd January
Pakistan vs. New Zealand, Peshawar, 4th January
Pakistan vs. South Africa, Faislabad, 5th January
New Zealand vs. South Africa, Gujranwala, 6th January
Pakistan vs. New Zealand, Lahore, 7th January
Pakistan vs. South Africa, Rawalpindi, 8th January
New Zealand vs. South Africa, Karachi, 9th January
FINAL, Faislabad, 12th January

*I will be playing as New Zealand, Tv coverage with Sky Sports, Boss gameplay patch, sam exe. v1(unless fully updated version with cursor fix is released.

Ian Smith: Welcome to the first match of tri-series between Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa, here in Lahore in Pakistan. Should be a great day of cricket, good morning Alan Donald, great to have you with us.

Alan Donald: Thanks Smithy, great to be here too, good morning everyone.

Ian Smith: So, what are your thoughts on the tri-series?

Alan Donald: Well, I think South Africa will win by a country mile! No, seriously, I think it will be very close, but Pakistan could have the home town edge especially in the way of pitches, as the pitches in South Africa and New Zealand are very different to the ones here in Pakistan.

Ian Smith: Well speaking of pitches lets cross down to the centre with Ian Botham for the pitch report and the toss.

Ian Botham: Yes good morning Ian Smith and hello to everyone right around the world here with us today for the start of this wonderful tri- series. Now looking at the pitch, you can see that it is very dusty, but it also looks like it might have a little bit of bounce in it, and should favour the Pakistanis a lot. Don?t expect anything more than, say, 240-250 today. Now joining me here are the two captains, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Stephen Fleming. Stephen, your call.

Stephen Fleming: Heads.

Ian Botham: Heads it is.

Stephen Fleming: We?ll have a bat.

Ian Botham: So, how do you think you?ll go today?

Stephen Fleming: Well we have a pretty much full strength side, and Daniel?s gonna have a fantastic time bowling in the second innings. We probably could have gone with Chris Harris today after looking at the pitch, but I think we?ll be right.

Ian Botham: Thanks Stephen. And Inzy, what would you have done if you?d won the toss.

Inzamam-ul-Haq: We would have had a bat, but that?s alright. Mohammad Sami is back, so our bowling stocks are good again.

Ian Botham: Thanks Inzamam. So, the news from down here is on this hot and humid day in Lahore, that New Zealand have won the toss and they?ll have a bat.

Ian Smith: So looking at the Pakistan line-up for today and they will be:

Salman Butt
Yasir Hameed
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Yousuf Youhana
Kamran Akmal
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Mohammad Sami
Shoaib Akhtar

Alan, your thoughs?

Alan Donald: Well Inzy mentioned a full strength bowling line up, I don?t think so. They look a bowler short to me. But with Afridi, Razzaq and now Malik after being cleared by the ICC, they should be OK in the bowling department. As for batting, I think Afridi and Razzaq are too high and Inzy and Yousuf Youhana are far too low down the order.

Ian Smith: OK and now for the New Zealand side and they will line-up as:

N. Astle
S. Fleming
M. Papps
H. Marshall
S. Styris
J. Oram
C. Cairns
B. McCullum
D. Vettori
K. Mills
J. Franklin

What do you think about the Kiwis?

Alan Donald: Looks good to me, lots of good all-rounders in Styris, Oram and Cairns who can bat and bowl very well.

Ian Smith: So for the win?

Alan Donald: A close one, but I feel that with the starting line-ups that New Zealand have the edge.

Ian Smith: After the break Richie Benaud and Waqar Younis will be in commentary for the start of this first match. Back soon.

Ten Over Update

Richie Benaud: Ten overs gone, and its none for 33.

Waqar Younis: Yes and a peculiarly slow start by the New Zealanders. Fleming and Astle setting themselves for a big partnership it looks like.

Richie Benaud: Well Sami and Rana have bowled well in the opening spell, but an interesting decision to me that Shoaib Akhtar didn?t open the bowling.

Waqar Younis: Yes a bit strange but they?re probably easing him back into cricket after the injury lay-off.

should be a great series. 3 challeging teams involved

Common Pakistan! they should easily beat New Zealand! South Africa will be tricky!

Fifteen Over Update

Waqar Younis: Well In the last five overs New Zealand have put their foot down a bit and lifted the run-rate back up to four, Fleming playing some good strokes.

Richie Benaud: Yes in particular that straight six off Sami, absolutely brilliant! So now it?s none for 59.

sorry, iam having some problems in the first innings with New zealand batting, bugs etc...so i will not have many screens and only have ample updates HOWEVER they will be fixed for the next innings, so more frequent updates will be available. sorry!

Aussies r tops said:
sorry, iam having some problems in the first innings with New zealand batting, bugs etc...so i will not have many screens and only have ample updates HOWEVER they will be fixed for the next innings, so more frequent updates will be available. sorry!

Not a problem mate.

Your season looks promising and I look forward to the future updates.

Twenty-five over update

Well still not too much going on here from the New Zealanders, still no wickets and the run-rate well below 4, lets hear what Richie and Waqar think...

Waqar Younis: Well Richie what can you say about the last ten overs?

Richie Benaud: Well New Zealand are travelling at only a moderate pace, but still they have not lost any wickets, so a good match has been set up. Fleming has crafted a fine half-century, and with Astle on 27, they could set a reasonable total. Astle need to get a wriggle on though. Mohammad Sami with ten overs 0 maidens 0 for 41 are very good figures here today considering the pitch.

good cautious start by nz.

but australia not really under pressure yet

good story keep it up

Users who are viewing this thread